Welcome to
ESL Printables, the website where English Language teachers exchange resources: worksheets, lesson plans,  activities, etc.
Our collection is growing every day with the help of many teachers. If you want to download you have to send your own contributions.

ESL Forum:

Techniques and methods in Language Teaching

Games, activities and teaching ideas

Grammar and Linguistics

Teaching material

Concerning worksheets

Concerning powerpoints

Concerning online exercises

Make suggestions, report errors

Ask for help

Message board

ESL forum > Concerning worksheets > let ´s talk about CLIL    

let ´s talk about CLIL

silvia.patti
Italy

I think CLIL is a great opportunity for students to learn something different from the usual topics (family, house, food, sports...). Some years ago I taught the water cycle in English including an outdoor activity; result: my sts were very happy and interested, even those ones always bored... I leave you come to a conclusion...
Bye

27 Jan 2010     

David Lisgo
Japan

Of course we can use scientific material in teaching ESL, though the main aim of the worksheet should be to teach ESL not science.  So if you are using advanced level materials, then the exercises should aim at ESL students.

When the obvious purpose is to teach the science then I generally vote for removal, when it �s to teach English the I vote for the worksheet to stay.  It is a little subjective but I try my best.

There is a science based worksheet in the reported page now which I believe should stay.  If your a moderator, then please take a look (and vote) before it disappears.

Regards,
David

28 Jan 2010     

< Previous   1    2