Welcome to
ESL Printables, the website where English Language teachers exchange resources: worksheets, lesson plans,  activities, etc.
Our collection is growing every day with the help of many teachers. If you want to download you have to send your own contributions.

ESL Forum:

Techniques and methods in Language Teaching

Games, activities and teaching ideas

Grammar and Linguistics

Teaching material

Concerning worksheets

Concerning powerpoints

Concerning online exercises

Make suggestions, report errors

Ask for help

Message board

ESL forum > Message board > Mistakes in my worksheet..    

Mistakes in my worksheet..

spring
Turkey

Mistakes in my worksheet..

I am sorry for not recognizing the mistakes in my worksheet up to now..

You know sometimes people think differently and behave differently..When you focus too much on smth,you may ignore minor mistakes.
This is what I experienced.
In questions 21 and 23 there are spelling mistakes.
Q21= The verb " forgot" is forgatten to be written:))) I hope you can correct it(Cos there is no update button anymore)
Q23= "listened her in the programme" will be "listened to her programme"..
And one of my colleque advised me not use forms that do not exit like catched,meeted....
The reason I used them is to make students feel a little bit confused and to identify comman mistakes.
Cos while teaching irregular and regular past verbs many students mix the verbs up and use forms that do not exist.
So my aim was to identify these comman mistakes..
I had to find out problem areas so that I can teach the subject thoroughly.But if you think that this is not appropriate you can make adaptations..
And I wanna thank "traute" from Spain for informing me about mistakes.
The ones who downloaded my worksheet,please accept my apologies....

16 Nov 2008      

frenchfrog
France

Hello, Spring!

I understand how you are feeling, but don�t worry, these tiny mistakes can be easily changed. You did a wonderful job with this worksheet. As a matter of fact, I used it with my students and they really liked it! I had noticed the very few mistakes, I corrected them before submitting the printable to my students, that is all. You did 99% of the work! We can do the remaining 1%!
Frenchfrog

16 Nov 2008     

spring
Turkey

Thank you Frenchfrog for your understanding and making me feel goodHug
It is nice to know that there is a cute froggie who helps everyone somewhere in France:))))

16 Nov 2008     

frenchfrog
France

Your picture is sooooooo cute!

16 Nov 2008     

spring
Turkey

Hi Sylvie..
I can share my coffee time...
I have got many cups with tweety pictures and much coffeeBig smile

16 Nov 2008     

alex1968
Greece

Hi Spring
Hope u�ve had a good WE

I simply all your ws!!!

You shouldn�t worry about "typos" & mistakes in your ws...even native speakers make mistakes!!!  Besides, as teachers, we should proof read any ws we plan on using in class.  We often need to make a adjustments either to suit the level we�re teaching or the needs of the Ss, so corrections are easy to make.

Not only are u an active member of this site, but you always have a kind comment to make whenever you download a ws!!!  As u know, this makes the author feel valued.

Many people join the site, upload ws just to become premium members, and then never contribute again, so you should feel proud of yourself and know that your hard work and effort is MUCH APPRECIATED!!!

We�re happy to have you here!!!

Regards,
Alex

16 Nov 2008     

mena22
Portugal

Good morning Pinar! I just want you to know that I�ve used that particular worksheet with my 8th graders and I found it very useful because you have there some options which are indeed some of the most common mistakes my students make when using the Past Simple. I never hand out any worksheet to my students without checking it, even my own worksheets!! So Pinar, there�s nothing for you to apologize for. We are the ones who must be grateful for your excellent work and for saving us so much of our precious time!

Best wishes from sunny (but windy) Azores, in the middle of the Atlantic Ocean!
Have a wonderful Sunday.

mena

16 Nov 2008     

mena22
Portugal

OOoooooops! Please Delete "it" - without cheking.

16 Nov 2008     

donapeter
Romania

What can I say about this subject.......is that I found manyyy mistakes in my own worksheets and , of course, I was amazed and ashamed and angry!!!! But.....it is human to make mistakes and it is normal to correct them when you find them.
So, Pinar I think we all understand you because we were in your shoes !!!!!
Have you all have a nice day!!!!!
Dona

16 Nov 2008     

donapeter
Romania

OOOPPPSSS........HAVE A NICE DAY ALL OF YOU!!!!! Exactly what we have been talking!!!Embarrassed

16 Nov 2008     

Damielle
Argentina

Everything is OK, Spring!!

16 Nov 2008     

1    2    Next >