Welcome to
ESL Printables, the website where English Language teachers exchange resources: worksheets, lesson plans,  activities, etc.
Our collection is growing every day with the help of many teachers. If you want to download you have to send your own contributions.

ESL Forum:

Techniques and methods in Language Teaching

Games, activities and teaching ideas

Grammar and Linguistics

Teaching material

Concerning worksheets

Concerning powerpoints

Concerning online exercises

Make suggestions, report errors

Ask for help

Message board

ESL forum > Message board > Congratulations!!!    

Congratulations!!!

AACG
Argentina

Congratulations!!!

To all Canadian members for the wonderful Winter Olympic Games your country has organized. Let me know if you participated in any way.I �d like to gather a few testimonials or stories for my students.

Vancouver 2010 Logo

14 Feb 2010      

manonski (f)
Canada

And Congrats to Switzerland for getting the first gold medal of these Olympics.

AACG, I wish I could help you but I live on the other side of Canada. We do talk about the Olympics in my classroom. During the next 2 weeks we �re gonna review ordinal numbers with results and standings and vocabulary with sports/equipments/rules and regulations.

14 Feb 2010     

AACG
Argentina

Thanks manonski, could you see the torch at least? ,I mean, passing near your town?

14 Feb 2010     

manonski (f)
Canada

Yes, the torch passed in my town on Dec.31st. A friend of mine carried it.

14 Feb 2010     

dturner
Canada

I live in B.C., about 45 minutes away from Vancouver.  Every big and small community in B.C. is having (and had) some sort of celebration.  All the people in the communities are/were very excited.  We are wearing �red � clothing from hats, jackets, scarves to the famous red mittens.  In some places, the torch was carried through the town, whereas in other larger places there were cauldrons where the Olympic torch fire was used to light the cauldron.   At these places some sort of ceremony took place.  Singers, dancers, acrobats, and speech makers all performed.  At my school three bus loads of students went to a formal ceremony with a cauldron, politicians and various dignitaries.  My students and I walked to a smaller venue.  Even there, a thousand or more people including many school children all decked out in red lined the streets waiting for the torch to pass in front of them.  I cut out red and white fleece scarves for my students so we wore something a bit unusual yet very Canadian.  It is amazing that something so simple, like a torch relay could bring an entire country to be so proud to be a Canadian.  

14 Feb 2010