Welcome to
ESL Printables, the website where English Language teachers exchange resources: worksheets, lesson plans,  activities, etc.
Our collection is growing every day with the help of many teachers. If you want to download you have to send your own contributions.

ESL Forum:

Techniques and methods in Language Teaching

Games, activities and teaching ideas

Grammar and Linguistics

Teaching material

Concerning worksheets

Concerning powerpoints

Concerning online exercises

Make suggestions, report errors

Ask for help

Message board

ESL forum > Message board > To downloaders ...:o(    

To downloaders ...:o(

stexstme
France

To downloaders ...:o(

OK...Here she goes again!Unhappy
Could some people here stop downloading stolen ws - esp Vanda �s - when the only comments there say it is stolen ??!!! If you are dying for Vanda �s wonderful contributionsThumbs Up, go to her blog; she offers them for free...But, please, respect her work!
I �m off before going mad... again...
Disapprove

15 Feb 2010      

eng789
Israel

They are dying for her "points" not her wss.   :  (

15 Feb 2010     

Yulia Mo
Russian Federation

It �s weird those people think nobody will notice as Vanda �s work is so easily recognized. May be one day it will stop, but if it doesn �t, it �s not really hard for us to spot those cheaters, isn �t it?

15 Feb 2010     

Carla Horne
United States

Dear Yulia Mo, eng 789, and Stexstme2,

I, too, am beside myself. Aren �t we teachers? Could the point system be too addictive? Could there be another way? A member yesterday said, "We all steal." I do not want to be put in that category. I really don �t understand what is going on here. Cry

Carla

15 Feb 2010     

stexstme
France

Yes Yulia,
But what really makes me sad is that people do not care, & keep downloading stolen ws...I know it sometimes happen when you do not read the comments, but in most cases people actually know! ( Otherwise there would be more comments)
I have known for long some upload stolen contributions, but this is not my point : I feel so sad with the downloaders...
I �ve really bothered people so much with it - & the thank yous - ...Ermm I apologize to �older � members for not having changed - that much.LOL
I �m really off now ;o)
A dinosaur.
edit : @Carla & Philip, we posted at the same time - ooops...
I know there will always be people bla bla : I JUST cannot get used to it, & like Carla, I think it is just sooooo wrong...
Clown 

15 Feb 2010     

PhilipR
Thailand

When you click on the link �Download this printable �, ALL of the comments are invisible. I don �t think all downloaders should be accused of knowingly downloading stolen wss. Then again, some will download no matter what.

Don �t worry, that �s life... Cheer up and don �t get your knickers in a twist - you might get high blood pressure! Pig

To Carla: There is an other way. Let everyone download whatever they want without needing any points. This will immediately stop all the stealing and uploading of copied materials. I�m not sure if it�s a better way though.

15 Feb 2010     

stexstme
France

Philip,
What cheers me up is that I keep learning English here! As soon as I have checked � get your knickers in a twist �, I �ll thank you. He! He!
Keep posting! ( My next ws might have several pages!Approve)
Re-signing (!) : A dinosaur.
Big smile

15 Feb 2010     

ohermann
Czech Republic

PhilipR,
I�m afraid I can�t agree with you about the comment on Carla. At this web page you can choose and download hundreds of thousands useful material. There must be a selection between better and worse wks through the "pointing system" (maybe it could be a little bit alterated). It also helps, firstly, the contributors to improve their own wks, and, secondly, to become a true member of the ESLteachers family (students usually do not create wks) . If there was not a pointing system, the web page would be ruined and destroyed by cheaters and the quality would go down soon. Moreover, everybody here puts a lot of effort, time and skill to create them, why anybody could come here and steel our effort, time and enthusiasm. No one who has ever created any wks, will steal anyone�s wks and strut in borrowed plumes. I am persuaded that those less fortunate here (who hasn�t got any points yet) can contact the creator(s) of their loved wks and ask them to send the wks to their email address. Wink

And BTW, Philip, you got the idea how to improve the quality of the contributions here. You made wonderful teaching aids to understand the process of creating useful and attractive wks. Thanks a bunch for that! Clap Thumbs Up 

15 Feb 2010