Welcome to
ESL Printables, the website where English Language teachers exchange resources: worksheets, lesson plans,  activities, etc.
Our collection is growing every day with the help of many teachers. If you want to download you have to send your own contributions.

ESL Forum:

Techniques and methods in Language Teaching

Games, activities and teaching ideas

Grammar and Linguistics

Teaching material

Concerning worksheets

Concerning powerpoints

Concerning online exercises

Make suggestions, report errors

Ask for help

Message board

ESL forum > Message board > childish friend    

childish friend

Adel A
Egypt

childish friend

i have a friend who is always childish in his behaviour .yesterday our school was being prepared to meet the members of Cita(an American Orgnization)and i was about to translate some parts from our school policy >of course i translated the partsAs the following(

Vision

Al-Our Schools look forward to graduating students with a rich cultural background, believe in on-going learning for life, have a well-rounded personality and the ability to think creatively and solve problems according to the Islamic ideals and have real national loyalty and awareness of the importance of positive contribution to the emerging human society.

Mission

The mission of our Schools is to provide an exemplary educational program so that students may acquire the necessary academic, personal, social and spiritual skills which enable them to continue their study in universities or go to work with competitive abilities.  And to develop critical thinking skills and instill national and human loyalty in the hearts of the students within a safe environment which support the educational process in the light of Islamic teachings)my friend acused me of being a bad teacher who can �t translate or doanythingCan you understand these translation what would you do withsuch a person if you were me? sorry for troubling you but i feel so sad and you are my best community

15 Feb 2010      

anitarobi
Croatia

Sorry to tell you, but not the whole text is visible in the forum - probably a bit too long or wide, so it �s a bit difficult to follow.
Btw, there �s a difference between a friend and a colleague - a friend would tell you what �s wrong and help you fix it, not just criticise....
I really have to go now, but I �m sure some people will help you, just try to edit your post by perhaps using a bit more interpunction or moving some thing into new lines. It �s so pasted together, that it �s really difficult to read.
All the best
Anita

15 Feb 2010     

lshorton99
China

Firstly, translation is a very different skill from teaching so your friend shouldn �t judge one on the strength of another.

Of course there are a number of mistakes in your translation but I would classify them as non-impeding errors - I can easily understand what you are trying to say!

Honestly - with friends like that, who needs enemies? He �s not childish, he �s just plain mean!

Keep smiling and don �t let him get you down!

Smile

15 Feb 2010     

lshorton99
China

Here �s an improved translation if it helps:

Vision

Al-Our Schools look forward to our students graduating having gained a rich cultural background, life-long belief in on-going learning, a well-rounded personality and the ability to think creatively and solve problems in accordance with Islamic ideals. They will have real national pride and an awareness of the importance of contributing positively to the society around them.

Mission

Our school �s mission is one of providing an exemplary educational programme so that students may acquire the necessary academic, personal, social and spiritual skils to enable them to continue their studies at university or successfully enter the competetive job market. We also encourage the development of critical thinking skills and instill national and personal pride in the hearts of the students within a safe environment which supports the educational process whilst guided by Islamic teachings.

Again - don �t worry about what your friend says!

15 Feb 2010