Welcome to
ESL Printables, the website where English Language teachers exchange resources: worksheets, lesson plans,  activities, etc.
Our collection is growing every day with the help of many teachers. If you want to download you have to send your own contributions.

ESL Forum:

Techniques and methods in Language Teaching

Games, activities and teaching ideas

Grammar and Linguistics

Teaching material

Concerning worksheets

Concerning powerpoints

Concerning online exercises

Make suggestions, report errors

Ask for help

Message board

ESL forum > Concerning powerpoints > Don īt you think we need more than 500KB to make a complete useful powerpoint. I have tried to reduce the size of mine and it īs impossible.    

Don īt you think we need more than 500KB to make a complete useful powerpoint. I have tried to reduce the size of mine and it īs impossible.

yolprica
Spain

Don īt you think we need more than 500KB to make a complete useful powerpoint. I have tried to reduce the size of mine and it īs impossible.

I don īt like uploading a powerpoint in three or four parts. What do you think about this question?
Yolanda

19 Feb 2010      

StupendaM
Spain

I agree with you. I use loads of powerpoints in my class and I can īt share them because of the limit...

19 Feb 2010     

zailda
Brazil

Hi!

In fact I had the same problem until December. In December my classes ended and I saw myself with some time in hand, so I decided to improve my ppt skills. I discovered some tricks to make them smaller and was able to upload most of them.

I realize that many members are able to manage their files to upload here, but in most cases I still wonder how...

I agree that most of us still use word 97/2003, but there is an add-in for office 97/2003 that allows it to open and edit office 2007. Since the files saved with office 2007 extensions are much less heavy, is there a way of allowing office 2007?

If it īs allowed, we could publish the link to get the add-in for Office 97/2003, so everyone would be able to open and use them, and the size (500kb) won īt be exceeded. We could upload our files without splitting them, and we wouldn īt use more space on the server.

Just a thought.

19 Feb 2010     

yolprica
Spain

Hi Victor, do you think that it could be possible, as Zailda says, to upload our powerpoints using office 2007?  Otherwise as I said before our powerpoints are so short that they are not worth being uploaded.
Yolanda

19 Feb 2010     

cuchifritin
Spain

Hi, I īm a newly arrived at this site, and I think you had a great idea when you started it, but I also find 500 kb are not enough for the power points. I īve checked the advantage of using the 2007 version ( from nearly 3 MB to less than 500kb in 16 slides). I also have power points that I can īt upload and I think it would be interesting if we could use the 2007 version.  

Cuchifritin.

4 Mar 2010     

Lindax
Ukraine

Ppts are unlike Word docs as they require higher resolution for the OHP. It`s a terrible shame we have to drastically reduce the size AND THE QUALITY of the pictures to upload a ppt.

From my experience in most cases it takes 9 or 10 slides to turn a ppt into a coherent and logical story. And that normally amounts to 600-800 kb even with low quality pictures. It`s frustrating to be able to upload a ppt which after all your bitter struggle with the size comes out blurred and fuzzy.

Pptx as opposed to ppt are sometimes tenfold smaller.

I`d like to join my voice to that one of Zailda 蟵nd Yolanda in asking about a way to use Office 2007.

8 Mar 2010