Welcome to
ESL Printables, the website where English Language teachers exchange resources: worksheets, lesson plans,  activities, etc.
Our collection is growing every day with the help of many teachers. If you want to download you have to send your own contributions.

ESL Forum:

Techniques and methods in Language Teaching

Games, activities and teaching ideas

Grammar and Linguistics

Teaching material

Concerning worksheets

Concerning powerpoints

Concerning online exercises

Make suggestions, report errors

Ask for help

Message board

ESL forum > Message board > We have so many wonderful contributors it would be nice if by our name and points it showed our Birthday    

We have so many wonderful contributors it would be nice if by our name and points it showed our Birthday

mena22
Portugal

I really like the idea! Smile

Have a nice day.
mena

25 Feb 2010     

mr.sneeze
Bermuda

Well I guess I �m just strange. (But I am a rare breed of teacher (a guy!) )
I just recently had a birthday and I thought to myself (after taking the dates off of my facebook account of course) "How wonderful to just have the ones closest to me that not only wish me happy birthday but write little poems about me and draw pictures of their daddy and family together. If we are "really" part of someones life and that person "really" means something to us those special occasions are remembered naturally! (Of course to each his/her own!). I �m not so sure either if I agree with the way that many countries (not all) give such importance to the personal celebration of our entrance onto this planet. Now that I �ve arrived at a certain age I �ve realized all those years that I was crazily celebrating there was really only one person who should have been at the center of attention and that was my MOTHER!

25 Feb 2010     

eng789
Israel

Dear mr.sneeze

Hope you had a wonderful day.

25 Feb 2010     

yolprica
Spain

Great idea, I support it.
Yolanda

25 Feb 2010     

Hijab
Brazil

To mr.sneeze

I am speechless. Clap

25 Feb 2010     

donapeter
Romania

i don �t want people know how old I am.There are some years now I try to keep this a secret. I �ll say only the day and the month. Pinch

25 Feb 2010     

joy2bill
Australia

Just one obstacle comes to mind. One of our teachers does not acknowledge his birthday because of his religious beliefs so for people like him it could be sensitive.

As for me, I �m one of the dinosaurs who is coming up to the stage where people begin to mention their age again, as in wow, I �m so old!

I do like the idea of the date of joining this community. I would find that interesting.

BTW Philip...I �m still waiting for my pressie!!!!!!

25 Feb 2010     

colibrita
United Kingdom

I think it �s a lovely idea, especially since mine �s coming up soon and hubby will ONCE AGAIN be away on business Disapprove, so it �ll just be me and my two-year-old celebrating!

A belated happy birthday to Mr Sneeze, btw

25 Feb 2010     

victor
Spain

I like the idea, I �ll try.

25 Feb 2010     

< Previous   1    2    3