Welcome to
ESL Printables, the website where English Language teachers exchange resources: worksheets, lesson plans,  activities, etc.
Our collection is growing every day with the help of many teachers. If you want to download you have to send your own contributions.

ESL Forum:

Techniques and methods in Language Teaching

Games, activities and teaching ideas

Grammar and Linguistics

Teaching material

Concerning worksheets

Concerning powerpoints

Concerning online exercises

Make suggestions, report errors

Ask for help

Message board

ESL forum > Message board > Purim    

Purim

Aimee/S.
Israel

for your kind wishes!!!
Purim isn �t as famous as Passover or Hanukkah... It �s the Jewish Carnival.
Purim will be celebrated all over Israel on Sunday, and in Jerusalem on Monday. People have a festive lunch and exchange food baskets. Observant people go to the synagogue and listen to the "Megilla" - a scroll that tells the story of Purim.
Today children wore costumes and had a fun day at school, but no luck with the weather... a winter day!

There is an idiom in Hebrew that says: "It�s not Purim every day"  - meaning: one can�t have fun every day...

But now it�s Purim so.... fun is allowed!!! LOL

Lots of love from rainy and stormy Jerusalem,
Aimee

26 Feb 2010     

eng789
Israel

The Book of Esther (The Bible) is read in the synagogue and everytime the evil Haman �s name is mentioned everyone makes a lot of noise with noisemakers.  School is on holiday till Tuesday and kids and grownups alike will be wearing costumes, going to parties and eating a lot of junk till then.  It really is like carnival - when the weather permits it,  there are parades and dancing in the streets and lots of entertainment.  Another chance to break one �s diet.
Barbara

26 Feb 2010     

gilorit
Israel

26 Feb 2010     

stexstme
France

Happy Purim, Barbara!! I �m glad I learnt something today! ;o)))

take a good care of yourself,

& enjoy!!!

Lots of love,

Sylvie

26 Feb 2010     

Adel A
Egypt

happy feast  for the jews around the world wishing peace and welfare for all human being especially in the middle east.To be  more clear for the palestine and Israeli to live happy in their independent countries enjoying liberty and security

26 Feb 2010     

miss manal
Tunisia

I WISH SO ADEL IT IS TIME FOR PEACE ALL JEWS AND PALESTINIAN ARE TIRED OF THESE HARMFUL CONDITIONS

26 Feb 2010     

Victoria-Ladybug
Israel

Have a nice holiday!
HAPPY PURIM!

26 Feb 2010     

Aimee/S.
Israel

Thanks for the peace messages, too! I appreciate and support them.

Happy Purim and a good weekend to all of us.

26 Feb 2010     

< Previous   1    2