Welcome to
ESL Printables, the website where English Language teachers exchange resources: worksheets, lesson plans,  activities, etc.
Our collection is growing every day with the help of many teachers. If you want to download you have to send your own contributions.

ESL Forum:

Techniques and methods in Language Teaching

Games, activities and teaching ideas

Grammar and Linguistics

Teaching material

Concerning worksheets

Concerning powerpoints

Concerning online exercises

Make suggestions, report errors

Ask for help

Message board

ESL forum > Message board > HAVE MERCY....    

HAVE MERCY....

Greek Professor
Greece

HAVE MERCY....

Good morning.. for some i suppose...

Just saw the chile earthquake...my god....8.8...
My heart goes out to everyone.....

Try and have faith...

27 Feb 2010      

mena22
Portugal

I �ve just read about it too dear Greek Professor. I cannot imagine an earthquake of such magnitude. My heart is with all Chileans. 

27 Feb 2010     

serene
Greece

Just heard it on TV. Devastating! My deepest sympathy to all Chileans!

27 Feb 2010     

anaisabel001
Spain

Good morning!
I �ve just heard  it on the news.My hearth is also with all Chileans.
Is the weather going crazy??? We �re expecting "The perfect storm", which means wind blowing at more than 160 Km per hour and heavy rains.
Hope everyboby has a nice Saturday
Hugs from Spain.

27 Feb 2010     

eng789
Israel

I hope it isn �t as bad as Haiti.

Thinking of you

Barbara

27 Feb 2010     

ELOJOLIE274
France

the earthquake alert is extended to all South America, so let �s think about all South Americans! and let �s hope no one suffers what people in Haiti suffered...

27 Feb 2010     

MarionG
Netherlands

Hope everyone will be OK........

27 Feb 2010     

magdita
Argentina

Hi everyone, I hope everybody is fine in Chile. I live in Mendoza 700 km from Santiago, Chile and while I was sleeping yesterday I wope up because the earthquake was so strong that even in Mendoza I was waken up by the strong movements. When today I red the epicenter was in Chile I thought poor people, If I felt it so stroong so many kilimeters away I can �t imagine how they felt it there! My kind regards to all Chile!

27 Feb 2010     

Damielle
Argentina

I �m shocked by the sad news about the Chilean earthquake. They have said that it has been more intense than the Haitian one. But the houses and buildings are not as precarious in Chile than in Haiti thus the consequences are not so hard. Most houses have anti seismic constructions. Nevertheless the Chilean president has said that 78 people have died. That �s terrible!

It is said to have taken place at 3:34 am Argentinian time and have been felt all over the Argetinian territoty with great intensity. I, as well as many people here, woke up this morning with a very strange sensation but didn �t realize that it was an earth tremor. My kitty tried to wake me up in the middle of the night but I thought that he only wanted to play!!!  This morning he was a little scared. Animals always perceive these things more quickly than people. People who live in very tall buildings here in C�rdoba city (just in the center of Argentina) have said that the movement was scaring.

Tthe main areas affected by the earthquake are Valpara�so, Santiago, Ohiggins, Maule, Bio Bio and La Araucania. It is believed that a there may be a Tsunami in the area of Isla de Pascua and  Archipi�lago de Juan Fern�ndez.

Some car drivers who survived the catastrophe have said that cars fall down like toys. It was terrible. Look at this photo....

Autos volcados tras sismo en Chile/AP

My deepest sympathy, dear Chilean brothers and sisters.

27 Feb 2010