Welcome to
ESL Printables, the website where English Language teachers exchange resources: worksheets, lesson plans,  activities, etc.
Our collection is growing every day with the help of many teachers. If you want to download you have to send your own contributions.

ESL Forum:

Techniques and methods in Language Teaching

Games, activities and teaching ideas

Grammar and Linguistics

Teaching material

Concerning worksheets

Concerning powerpoints

Concerning online exercises

Make suggestions, report errors

Ask for help

Message board

ESL forum > Concerning powerpoints > big powerpoint containing video    

big powerpoint containing video

bensupra
Spain

big powerpoint containing video

Hi, do you know if it is possible to send a powerpoint which includes a song and a video?
I �ve been working on a ppt (it �s 2007 version, and it grows bigger when saved as 2003) based on Queen �s song We are the champions to practice present perfect as well as reading and listening skills, it �s got two texts about the band and the song to complete and then the listening of the song with paragraphas to put in order and gaps to be filled in. they finally check the song with a video downloaded from youtube which I subtitled myself.

Apart from being too big to be uploaded as a whole how could I send the video?

I would really like to share it with you but I �m not sure about what you would get if I upload it.

any possible solutions?

Thanks.
Beni

5 Mar 2010      

starrr
Brazil

Hello, first of all you must just put a link to the video inside your ppt and not the entire video. so we can go to the youtube link you are providing us and do the downloading by ourselves.

second if the ppt is still big, just divide it in 2 or 3 parts.

hope it helps you.Smile

5 Mar 2010     

bensupra
Spain

Hi, I downloaded the video from youtube but the subtitles are mine, that is the video with the subtitles aren �t in youtube but that �s an option I can try to upload the video to youtube and then insert the link and not the video.
I �ll try that way.

thanks

5 Mar 2010     

starrr
Brazil

yes it is the only option you have since the SIZE here is limited to 300 KB .doc documents and 500KB ppt files...just create an account on youtube and upload the video there..and remember ppt SIZE is just accepted here around 500 KB each part..

just the link is enough for us.. you can upload it with the subtitles you did on youtube and send us just the link.. this is what everyone here does..put it inside the PPT file. is a good option..for us.. and divide the ppt file it in parts of 500kb each one.. Hope you get it..Smile

5 Mar 2010