Welcome to
ESL Printables, the website where English Language teachers exchange resources: worksheets, lesson plans,  activities, etc.
Our collection is growing every day with the help of many teachers. If you want to download you have to send your own contributions.

ESL Forum:

Techniques and methods in Language Teaching

Games, activities and teaching ideas

Grammar and Linguistics

Teaching material

Concerning worksheets

Concerning powerpoints

Concerning online exercises

Make suggestions, report errors

Ask for help

Message board

ESL forum > Ask for help > for an effective learning    

for an effective learning

cnn_smt
Turkey

for an effective learning

hi everyone!
I want your help to give me some ideas. I have an assignment.which topic will be better and easier using a puppet for young learners?which topic I should choose?I cannot decide . please help me.Disapprove

Thanks a lot...

9 Mar 2010      

cnn_smt
Turkey

ı m waiting for your help...

9 Mar 2010     

Tere-arg
Argentina

I would choose the topic according to what we are seeing/have seen...making it interactive. I mean, making the puppet ask questions/answer/ask for help/have the need to be helped/etc

9 Mar 2010     

ituska
Slovakia

Puppets are great with whatever topic, especially with small ones. I use it mostly for prosocial activities,and kids are really interested. It is the best when kids know the puppet and they trust it.

How old are your kids? how good they are in English? maybe then we will be able to give you a hint Smile

I have found this info on the net:

The most successful use of the puppets has been when the teacher has introduced the puppet slowly to the class and has developed a strong sense of identity for the puppet. Care was taken to retain the puppet�s character even when not being used; they were given a seat to sit and watch the children at work or are given to a child to be looked after. It is crucial that the puppets talk to the children; puppets that listen to the children and �whisper� to the teacher do not appear to work so well. An effective use of the puppet has been when the puppet introduces the lesson and then talks to small groups when the children are discussing their ideas.

9 Mar 2010     

amicableann
Argentina

Hi!! I hope it �s not late .We always use a puppet for the weather theme  .we call the puppet mrs weather or Mr forecast ( it can be an animal a bird o whatever you like ) and we ask him or her What �s the weather like .Sometimes we hide him or her somewhere and the kids look for him and call him.I also use an old man puppet to work with HOW OLD ARE YOU ??? theme .This old man is curious but he is rather deaf so kids have to repeat their answers many times .It �s fun !!!! I send you a hug from ARGENTINA!! Ana

10 Mar 2010     

cnn_smt
Turkey

thanks a lot for your answers. it �s very kind of you.SmileHugthanx

10 Mar 2010