Welcome to
ESL Printables, the website where English Language teachers exchange resources: worksheets, lesson plans,  activities, etc.
Our collection is growing every day with the help of many teachers. If you want to download you have to send your own contributions.

ESL Forum:

Techniques and methods in Language Teaching

Games, activities and teaching ideas

Grammar and Linguistics

Teaching material

Concerning worksheets

Concerning powerpoints

Concerning online exercises

Make suggestions, report errors

Ask for help

Message board

ESL forum > Concerning worksheets > Reported wss and their owners     

Reported wss and their owners

Redbull
Thailand

Dear all and Bruna,

REDBULL GIVES YOU WINGS YOU KNOW LOL

13 Mar 2010     

Bruna Dutra
Brazil

Oh, I get it.

You �re funny!

Enjoy your time in here!
welcome

13 Mar 2010     

Redbull
Thailand

Thank �s Bruna,

I do like to play or tell a joke or two Wink See you around girl Ying Yang

13 Mar 2010     

Yulia Mo
Russian Federation

As normally during a friendly conversation we lost the point of discussion. I understand Regina �s concerns, it �s not pleasant at all to be reported when you know it �s your work and you didn �t break the rules. So Donapeter was right creating this topic. I hope Victor Has a chance to read it, It would sort out this kind of problems easily.

13 Mar 2010     

mena22
Portugal

Hi again! I understand the advantages of knowing the name of the member whose work is being reported, however, I believe Victor has changed that (before we did have access to the mermber �s name) to protect the moderators from being  accused of biased decisions. If moderators don �t know the member who uploaded the worksheet they are reviewing,  impartiality is ensured.

Have a good evening/day,
mena

13 Mar 2010     

elderberrywine
Germany

When the number of points you have to have in order to be a moderator was put up from 1000 to 5000 I was sorry at first about not being a moderator any more.

Now I �m beginning to feel the relief.

Things get more and more complicated, and no matter how safe the system is made, moderators get under attack even from people who are new to the site and have never even uploaded a worksheet - do you people realize how much of their free time they spend on trying to keep this site relatively clean and lawful?

Do you realize how little effort many users make when uploading their worksheets? Copyright is a tremendous issue, so making a short remark as to the origin of the ws or one �s identity isn �t really asking too much, is it?

13 Mar 2010     

MJ_Misa
Czech Republic

@edlerverein,

you �ve got a point here, but as I wrote earlier, there was a case of reported wss despite of a notice in the description. I know it is difficult, especially after the fight which was her few weeks ago, when there had to be removed an account of over 30000 points because of copies (I believe you remember that), but it is difficult to check the links, especially when the user has his/her own blog.
BTW: My life is also much easier when I am not a moderator any more. Wink

13 Mar 2010     

moravc
Czech Republic

"If moderators don �t know the member who uploaded the worksheet they are reviewing,  impartiality is ensured."
Yes, this way the impartiality is ensured...
I believe the wrongly deleted worksheets can be restored + the points, Victor can manage that... Wrongly accused wss are only a fraction of reported copied ws...

Maybe it would help if the contributor mentioned the other sites he contributes in his profile, so the reporter would be able to see it in the profile of the contributor...
The name (nickname) + website link in the properties of the document may help too... It �s just a suggestion...

Those moderators who REALLY need to know (compare) the names, they can clearly see the DATE of uploading (it is the name of the file 2010312 = 2010/March/12) and then they can search the worksheets of the day only...

Easy :-)

13 Mar 2010     

Redbull
Thailand

Dear Elderverien,

First I would like to say the � �MODERATORS � � only get under attack as you put it, I would like to say scrutinizing and having my opinion is a far way to speak English.

opinions count no matter who you are (new) (old) (moderator) (webmaster).

And yes I do know and feel just how much work goes to being a moderator (BUT WE NEED TO ADDRESS THIS ISSUE) and make the system work for all of us...!

Redbull gives you wings you know Big smile

14 Mar 2010     

zailda
Brazil

This thread was started by a moderator concerned on fixing this issue. I see moderators asking for ways to improve the site system and for more complete tools for the members in general. And I also see members complaining about the moderation system.

Edelververien �s opinion (and relief) is shared by many other ex-moderators because being a moderator also corresponds to becoming an easy target for someone �s anger, disatisfaction and all sorts of personal insults.

The system would work much better if people were mature enough to read and follow rules and understand the moderators � job is to help the good ones and not to hunt the bad ones.

14 Mar 2010     

< Previous   1    2    3