Welcome to
ESL Printables, the website where English Language teachers exchange resources: worksheets, lesson plans,  activities, etc.
Our collection is growing every day with the help of many teachers. If you want to download you have to send your own contributions.

ESL Forum:

Techniques and methods in Language Teaching

Games, activities and teaching ideas

Grammar and Linguistics

Teaching material

Concerning worksheets

Concerning powerpoints

Concerning online exercises

Make suggestions, report errors

Ask for help

Message board

ESL forum > Message board > worksheets for adults    

worksheets for adults

GIOVANNI
Canada

I teach adults as well.  I teach English Immersion to adults who attend school full time.  They start English at 8:00 and finish at 3:30 each day. 

23 Mar 2010     

degofe
Portugal

I agree with Zora as she points out that adults can be really nasty when it comes to start working. Always complaining about tasks and trying to spend the rest of the lesson without working and waiting for the end of the month to get paid ( in Portugal, some students get paidfor their night classes)

23 Mar 2010     

gloriawpai
Brazil

I also teach adults, some are general and some are business English. I also have teenagers and kids.

23 Mar 2010     

Cartuxa
Portugal

As far as adults are concerned, my major challenge  is to put them to speak in English, they �re always so reluctant... As if we could learn a language without speaking it, without practising! I agree with Degofe, sometimes it �s hard to motivate them, specially when they don �t want to learn at all, just sit by and wait for their money... But they can surprise you, some of my latest classes  just did!  A big hug from Portugal :o)

23 Mar 2010     

morganalin
Portugal

Hi as you know Aftab I teach kids, teens and adults too, they �re always different and it �s very rewarding teaching adults, it �s a challenge...

Take care

23 Mar 2010     

newuser07
Argentina

Hi!

I teach adults too :)
In company courses and general English (one on one & mini groups)
I think motivation is key so that they feel like attending the course and see "results" asap!!!

Take care

23 Mar 2010     

aftab57
United Kingdom

The reason I requested this is that I am going to teach my adults students next terms using  worksheets from this site and nothing else - and from what I �ve i �ve seen so far by browsing your worksheets I shall have a delightful time both by downloading and then using your various worksheets - so dear friends thank you very much for your cooperation, advice and support.

I shall say it for the first time on this forum.....

Hugs from Aftab .. (I �m very bad at choosing the smileys otherwise I �d have put something here.))

23 Mar 2010     

readingaol
Portugal

I also work with adults but the worksheets I have uploaded here are mainly for my teens and children.
At present I am teaching English in an exhaust system company. I had to study a lot of new vocabulary!

23 Mar 2010     

aliciapc
Uruguay

I like teaching adults because in my case, what happens is that they really need to learn  for work reasons and they come to class after they finish work, which is really an effort, so I try to make the class a nice time for them - coffee and cookies around - and enjoying our 2 hours together in a relaxed way. But then, it �s always small groups, 3 - 5 people .
And yes, as Cartuxa pointed out, it �s sometimes hard to get them talking, they usually prefer learning deductively and writing down rules and the like. But we need to motivate them, that �s our job, no matter how hard it can get sometimes...
A hug back Aftab !  And regards to all ... Alicia

23 Mar 2010     

JulietaVL
Mexico

Oh Aftab!!... good luck!! Smile

P.S I work with adults too and most of my wss are for them

23 Mar 2010     

< Previous   1    2    3    4    Next >