Welcome to
ESL Printables, the website where English Language teachers exchange resources: worksheets, lesson plans,  activities, etc.
Our collection is growing every day with the help of many teachers. If you want to download you have to send your own contributions.

ESL Forum:

Techniques and methods in Language Teaching

Games, activities and teaching ideas

Grammar and Linguistics

Teaching material

Concerning worksheets

Concerning powerpoints

Concerning online exercises

Make suggestions, report errors

Ask for help

Message board

ESL forum > Concerning worksheets > Can someone tell me if "Let īs Go Picture Dictionary"an ESL book?    

Can someone tell me if "Let īs Go Picture Dictionary"an ESL book?

cutemisswang
Taiwan

Thanks, lshorton99. When I see some worksheets with copyright images, I always feel so uncomfortable, especially after we have our copyright statement "Publication or redistribution of any part of this document is forbidden without authorization of the copyright owner". We claim our authorization and copyright ,but what about others �? The owners of the books are not here to say anything for themselves. Anyway, I just want to know if it is ok to do so.Thanks!

29 Mar 2010     

PhilipR
Thailand

Are Penthouse and FHM men īs magazines? Big smile

29 Mar 2010     

manonski (f)
Canada

No Philip, they īre picture books for big boys.

29 Mar 2010     

dturner
Canada

Now, now boys.  I don īt think we should go there should we? 
What I want to comment on is...... if we are talking about copyright violations, why do I always see so many ws that have images from Disney, the Simpson īs and others which would obviously be  copyright violations. 

29 Mar 2010     

Mariethe House
France

This is my message to the owner of the ws and I thought I would copy it and paste it here:
" Oh,my dear .......!they are so stupidly strict about that business of esl or non esl! I mean  where can you find a picture of a kitchen ( for example)fulfiling our teaching objectives of prepositions for example and action verbs apart from esl material?
We should mention it in the description of the ws, which is quite fair, but what do we do in our lessons, Don īt we take material from here and there to get what we need, to make  things understandable for kids?? And after all we are sending material we DO use in class.... We don īt make it especially for esl prinables or do some people do?????
well, I hope they will get down to some sense of reality and won īt withdraw your ws! "

another thing I want to add: If it is a pictionary book can īt we consider it as a dictionary?? Noone would argue against the use of a dictionary or would they?

29 Mar 2010     

< Previous   1    2