Welcome to
ESL Printables, the website where English Language teachers exchange resources: worksheets, lesson plans,  activities, etc.
Our collection is growing every day with the help of many teachers. If you want to download you have to send your own contributions.

ESL Forum:

Techniques and methods in Language Teaching

Games, activities and teaching ideas

Grammar and Linguistics

Teaching material

Concerning worksheets

Concerning powerpoints

Concerning online exercises

Make suggestions, report errors

Ask for help

Message board

ESL forum > Ask for help > What īs for breakfast?    

What īs for breakfast?

sea camel
Belgium

Hi Larisa

Well, in Belgium, we have a sandwich with marmalade, cheese, chocolate paste or... Sometimes we have cereals with milk. Our kids usually drink milk or chocolate milk. We mostly have coffee or tea. In a way it looks like the Romanian breakfast or the Hungarian one, I suppose. On lazy days ( Sundays,...) we add eggs, salads, fruit... to our breakfast.

And yes, Libertybelle is quite right. We should eat healthier. But isn īt that harder? It starts with buying healthy products you really like. And changing habits is always very hard too... 

Children should be aware of the dangers of sugar/fat and the amounts of sugar/fat we eat. I don īt like the ads on TV. My children tend to believe them far too often...

Hugs

Kristien

31 Mar 2010     

poppyzey
Turkey

In Turkey ,

We have bread , butter , jam or honey  or chocolate , olives, cheese , egg - every morning-mostly boiled , salįa - a kind of tomato souce -it really goes well with bread and butter . We have tea , milk or orange jıice. We also have sliced tomato and cucumber with olive oil.

If it is weekend you can īt imagine what else we eat :))

31 Mar 2010     

sadeel
Palestine

in palestine and i think most of the arabian countries. we  have a cup of tea and a loaf of bread with some olive oil and thyme but we call it "za īatar  it looks like this   &  &

31 Mar 2010     

Kate (kkcat)
Russian Federation

Thumbs Up what a great topic! I hope more countries will join in. Thank you, Larchonok, for initiating this interesting discussion Hug

31 Mar 2010     

Larisa.
Russian Federation

Thanks a lot dear friends!  You are the best!Clap  Thumbs Up 

Your information is really precious! I will print  out your answers and read them to my students.
I agree with libetybelle and Kristien (sea camel) that we must try to eat healthy food. Sometimes I do eat healthy, but it īs usually difficult for me live without chocolate! Wink

I must be going now. I hope some more countries will join in!

Hugs from Siberia! (It īs still snowing here Cry)
Larisa

31 Mar 2010     

lango
Thailand

England: Toast and jam or cereal with milk...or boiled egg and toast,  or Full English breakfast: bacon, sausage, fried mushrooms, fried bread, beans, tomatoes... more fried stuff... heart attack on a plate!

Thailand: Rice soup

Korea: Rice and fish (maybe) and always with every meal... KIMCHI

31 Mar 2010     

lara_cantabria
Spain

in Spain:
cereals,  toasts with jam, biscuits,
milk with cacao and orange juice.

31 Mar 2010     

huiqin
Malaysia

In Malaysia, we have 3 main races, Malays, Chinese and Indians:

For Malays, they normally have "nasi lemak", which is a plate of rice cooked with coconut milk, with side dishes like fried fish, fried peanuts, egg, and a very spicy "sauce" called "sambal" at the side.

For Chinese, our kids normally have bread and milk for breakfast, but sometimes we have congee or noodles for breakfast as well. But, among them, I have a special introduction that we normally have in a restaurant on weekends, that is "bak kut teh", this is a kind of food that was originally created in Malaysia.

For Indians, they normally have "roti canai" as breakfast, it is made of dough, and it has a lot of varieties, the picture shown is one of the varieties.

31 Mar 2010     

mcamca
Austria

In Austria:

children: hot chocolate, roll with butter and jam (apricot jam) and/or cereals

adults: coffee or fruit tea, dark bread or rolls, butter, jam, cheese, ham.... but also cake (called" Gugelhupf") made with yeast, muesli with yogurt

Mmmh ... I think I īll have breakfast now!

31 Mar 2010     

MarionG
Netherlands

My own kids have cereals with milk pretty much every morning (unless they have a bad cold, then they avoid milk and have a sandwich or a scramble egg instead)
It is sad to say that in our school at least, lots of kids don īt have breakfast at home at all, we were pretty much forced at school to have a break after the first hour in order to allow them to eat something since they seem to get too hungry to hold out untill the 10 o īclock break. as of next year we will have a formal 15 minute break from 8.45 to 9 to enable kids to eat. The entire schedule is changed (we īll even start earlier) to make this possible and solely because of the issue of kids coming to school without any food in their stomachs!

31 Mar 2010     

< Previous   1    2    3    Next >