Welcome to
ESL Printables, the website where English Language teachers exchange resources: worksheets, lesson plans,  activities, etc.
Our collection is growing every day with the help of many teachers. If you want to download you have to send your own contributions.

ESL Forum:

Techniques and methods in Language Teaching

Games, activities and teaching ideas

Grammar and Linguistics

Teaching material

Concerning worksheets

Concerning powerpoints

Concerning online exercises

Make suggestions, report errors

Ask for help

Message board

ESL forum > Message board > Kind and Fair    

Kind and Fair

Olindalima ( F )
Portugal

Kind and Fair

Hi dear teachers

I am absent most of the time, but whenever I get some free time and my laptop is by my side I love to have a look at everything that is going around.

I have noticed this quite often and, today, there are a few posts that fit this rule (?) of mine.

Some now and then, some of us, come to the forum, post some questions, ask for some kind of help, and then ???? Then, what happens?

Many of us do their homework, look for what they can �t find, give them the tips, advices they need and..................................
THOSE people never show up again!!!!!!! we don �t know if they received the messages, if the messages were worth, sometimes  something even more hilarious happens. Sometimes other people answer and go on the thread and those who have asked the first question simply vanish.

I can understand that some of us may, sometimes, have many kind of / and different problems that prevent us to come back to the forum and say a " thank you or it was not that I was asking for ", but????? ... so frequently ?????????????

What happens to the people that need help and then simply disappear?

Didn �t they come back to look for the possible answers or are they so rude that they just read them, get ( eventually not ) the answers and go away without a " naive " thank you?

How come that some people, said teachers, ask me ( all of us ) give me a hand in this or that and then, I ( all of us ) spend some of our time trying to find out what people need  and they go out as a King, no need to say anything to those who spent some of their time digging for what I need.

Disgusting.

I am in a bad  mood, today, ( didn �t you notice ? )  Broken Heart

big hugs to you
linda

7 Apr 2010      

manonski (f)
Canada

Well said Linda

I �ve noticed the same thing too. I can only hope that these people asking for help take the time to thank through private messages like it happens to me sometimes.

7 Apr 2010     

lshorton99
China

I �ve noticed a lot of people do say thank you at the end of the thread. Those who don �t on the forum sometimes send a pm if my advice has helped them. I know some people don �t but perhaps they might not know where to find their post after it �s gone to be able to say thanks.

I know there are always going to be those who take advantage but I think it �s a small minority. I enjoy looking for information - it keeps me sane! I enjoy learning new language points or revising old ones. I �ve received lots of help from this site and I try to pass it on. I like to think that everyone who gets help from here passes it on in some way, even if we don �t know about it.

Sorry about your bad mood Linda - think about rainbows, unicorns, dolphins and fluffy marshmallow clouds - I �m lending you my happy place!

Hugs back to you Hug I hope tomorrow is a better day!

7 Apr 2010     

Olindalima ( F )
Portugal

hi my dear

It took me some time to decide if I should post or not, now I am glad I did - I had news from you!!!!!

I don �t care about sparing my time, I have little support to give, but I feel somewhat uncomfortable when I notice this kind of behaviour. It is not fair, so many people here, that are always available, if I am saying the right thing , it doesn �t sound very nice, but that is what I feel, many people are always able to give a hand, to give an answer, to suggest some way of overcoming the problem and then....
As we say here:
" berimbau... pardais ao ninho" ( translation - nothing done / nothing to do, no expectations / nothing to expect )

Big kiss to you, Manon, I am better now, thanks to you
linda

7 Apr 2010     

Olindalima ( F )
Portugal

God

I �m glad I posted!

Most of you are just W *O*N*D*E*R*F*U*L

My unicorns, dolphins and rainbows are just " Knock, knock " on my door.

Thanks , I do feel the same , most of the time, but , some now and then I go MMMMAAAADDDD.

kisses, many thanks, you are lovely people.
linda

7 Apr 2010     

aliciapc
Uruguay

Hello Linda, and the rest of the nice people here... a lot of them, by the way. The ones you mention ( the don �t-even-bother-to-say-thank-you ones...) are a minority, as Lindsey says !
That �s the same thing that happens with ws : have you ever noticed that you upload sth, maybe ( as I recall one of my last ws ) 35 people download it the first day and only 2 - yes, 2 people - say thank you !  I know it �s not the nicest of behaviors , but we shouldn �t worry about it, it �s their problem ! What we should do, I guess, is just keep on saying "thank you" because we mean it. If some people don �t  ... well, it �s up to them to be impolite !
LoVe  To  aLL  oF  yOu  !!    And Linda, I hope you feel better by now !!Hug

7 Apr 2010     

JulietaVL
Mexico

Linda Thumbs Up

7 Apr 2010     

AJFC
Portugal

Hi, everybody!

Thanks god it is just a minority! I usually thank people, at least in the forum. I must confess that when I download ws, I usually do not thank. That is why sometime ago I posted something to thank everybody in this website, not only those whose worksheets I downloaded, but also to everybody else.

So I �ll take the chance to THANK AGAIN to this lovely FAMILY we have here.
And Linda, could this mood be due to something happening here in Portugal? I don �t know some kind of a virus, �cause this week I �m not in the mood, either. LOL! Maybe something is in the air... hehehehe

LOVE U ALL from the bottom of heart;)*

Hug

7 Apr 2010     

Olindalima ( F )
Portugal

Hi all
Sorry I didn �t answer yesterday, but I thought my bed would be the cosiest place to be and my pillow usually listens to me very attentively, so off I went.
I slept well, like a baby, so, here I am to thank you all, dear friends.

Those who have friends don �t sleep in jail - Portuguese proverb, it means that friends are the most important thing we can have.
Bye, bye, have a nice day,
kisses from sunny, but cold North of Portugal
linda

7 Apr 2010