Welcome to
ESL Printables, the website where English Language teachers exchange resources: worksheets, lesson plans,  activities, etc.
Our collection is growing every day with the help of many teachers. If you want to download you have to send your own contributions.

ESL Forum:

Techniques and methods in Language Teaching

Games, activities and teaching ideas

Grammar and Linguistics

Teaching material

Concerning worksheets

Concerning powerpoints

Concerning online exercises

Make suggestions, report errors

Ask for help

Message board

ESL forum > Message board > Earth Day at Eben Dhaher School     

Earth Day at Eben Dhaher School

Azza_20
United Arab Emirates

Earth Day at Eben Dhaher School

Dear ESL printables colleagues,

Today is April 22nd, the 40th anniversary of Earth Day. my school celebrated earth day with a number of different activities which i want to share with you. we took part in the grocery bag project initiated by Mark Ahlness. The students enjoyed decorating thier grocery bags and were enthusiastic about writing positive messages about caring about our planet Earth.

I wanted to give my students the chance to promote their bags, so I arranged with Carrefour hypermarket � RAK to allow the students  to come and talk to the shoppers and help the salespeople by using their recycled bags instead of plastic bags! We also got parents involved in helping the students to create a recycled project and we made a big display in the school�s reception so that all of our visitors can see it.

We devoted one full week of environmental awareness activities including designing and promoting grocery bags, morning assembly,  planting trees, also the students had the chance to visit some governmental organizations including: The Higher Colleges of Technology (RAK women�s college), Ministry of Education and the Cultural Center to distribute flowers and wish people a "Happy Earth Day"!

please share with us, how did you celebrate earth day in ur school?

here are a number of pictures from the event and i will upload a vedio later this week on youtube..

22 Apr 2010      

mrlypy
Brazil

congratulations for your great work. I also do projects like yours. if you are interested please have a look at http://ecovambrasil.spaces.live.com/ 

22 Apr 2010     

JulietaVL
Mexico

Congratulations, it seems like your students had fun, vey nice project

22 Apr 2010     

maggiejeria
Chile

Congratulation Azza a good job!

22 Apr 2010     

Hijab
Brazil

Congratulations - Mabruk - And keep up this brilliant work.

22 Apr 2010     

akram@73
Tunisia

Congratulation and keep it up!!! 

22 Apr 2010     

serene
Greece

Congratulations to you and your kids on this great project!

22 Apr 2010     

anaisabel001
Spain

Congratulations for your nice work!!Clap

22 Apr 2010     

Ximenne
Armenia

Fabulous project!

My seven-year-olds worked too on an Earth Day Project todau and learnt a lovely song by Jack Johnson!

You �ve given me a great idea: next time they sing this song, I could record them! I �m sure they will like it! 

Congratulaions on your work and on the effort and energy you areoutting on teaching future generations to take care of our lovely -but battered- planet.

XOX
Xi

22 Apr 2010     

crisholm
Spain

It looks fantastic! Congratulations to you and your colleagues and pupils for all your hard work! It must be really rewarding!

23 Apr 2010     

Olindalima ( F )
Portugal

Hi azza
congratulations . it looks like you all there have done a pretty job. sorry, I can �t share my work, I haven �t done anything, neither my school.
We are having bad, dark times around here. This place / forum is my golden gate away from this mess of school we have here.
Kisses
linda

23 Apr 2010     

1    2    Next >