Welcome to
ESL Printables, the website where English Language teachers exchange resources: worksheets, lesson plans,  activities, etc.
Our collection is growing every day with the help of many teachers. If you want to download you have to send your own contributions.

ESL Forum:

Techniques and methods in Language Teaching

Games, activities and teaching ideas

Grammar and Linguistics

Teaching material

Concerning worksheets

Concerning powerpoints

Concerning online exercises

Make suggestions, report errors

Ask for help

Message board

ESL forum > Ask for help > Project about Britain    

Project about Britain

Bazya
Russian Federation

Project about Britain

Hello, guys! I am writing a project about British government. In other words, the power of the monarchy vs the power of Parliament. I `ve almost done it. But I was thinking about some useful charts, tables, pictures, etc. Do you know any websites related to the topic?

25 Apr 2010      

almaz
United Kingdom

The monarchy has no real power nowadays, but if you �re really interested in how this situation came about, then you might start with an illustration of the execution of Charles I (there are plenty of images available on the web and if you �re just using it for your class, there should be no copyright problems) and then a chart detailing how The Wars of the Three Kingdoms led to and paralleled The English Civil War and eventually to what was considered by the rest of Europe �s monarchs as a dangerous precedent. Then, take it from there - via Hobbes, Locke, Payne etc up to today �s wonderfully incorruptible, sleaze-free �Mother of Parliaments �.

Google the bold.

25 Apr 2010     

Bazya
Russian Federation

Thank you!

26 Apr 2010