Welcome to
ESL Printables, the website where English Language teachers exchange resources: worksheets, lesson plans,  activities, etc.
Our collection is growing every day with the help of many teachers. If you want to download you have to send your own contributions.

ESL Forum:

Techniques and methods in Language Teaching

Games, activities and teaching ideas

Grammar and Linguistics

Teaching material

Concerning worksheets

Concerning powerpoints

Concerning online exercises

Make suggestions, report errors

Ask for help

Message board

ESL forum > Message board > education and culture    

education and culture

summerwinds
Saudi Arabia

education and culture

hi everyone
i �d ask you do u teach culture at ur schools? for me in K.S.A we have a day every year called Al jenaderia Day. it is a festival day  each school has to celebrate. it teaches students how our grandmothers and grandfathers have been living those days when no tochnology were  available. both teachers and students share the activities.
can u tell me about the education system in ur country and its role in saving culture?

thank u in advanced 

8 May 2010      

hnoy
Belize

hi
yea , of course culture is apart of curricula

in any country

you can make ppt ,dear

Sleepy

8 May 2010     

libertybelle
United States

I think writing cell phone English on a message board is so wrong.
There are no such words as ur or u.
We �re teachers here - we should use a better English than those
abbreviations. I sure don �t hope you teach your students to spell like that.
I find them really irritating and beneath the level of a trained teacher.
L

8 May 2010     

almaz
United Kingdom

L, 
I physically cringe when I see textese on this forum: I find it lazy and inappropriate on a teacher�s site but, having said that, I have no objections to texting per se. I�m with David Crystal on this one:

Rgrds,

Alx

8 May 2010     

lshorton99
China

I work in an English academy in Spain so we don �t really do cultural activities per se. We do teach English around local festivals - here in Seville we do lessons based around �Reyes Magos � on the 6th January, when kids get their �Christmas � presents, Semana Santa or Holy Week which is a very big deal here and Feria de April which is particular to Seville and which is basically an excuse for drinking and traditional dances.

We also do some lessons on English traditions. Halloween, which is more American but has become a part of British culture and April Fools � Day. My personal favourite is when it �s a World or European Cup year! I consider football to be a vital part of British culture and take great pleasure in sharing that with my students! We also have a no homework rule when my beloved Spurs do something great (like make it to the Champions League!!!)

Thanks for sharing that article almaz - really interesting! I love David Crystal and saw him speak on a similar topic at TESOL Spain a couple of years ago. It was all about the changing nature of English and it was fascinating. I have no problem with textese or any other form of English on the forums. As teachers we are constantly learning from one another and even those who use less than perfect English on the forums have lots to offer in terms of teaching skills and experience.

Lindsey

9 May 2010     

summerwinds
Saudi Arabia

thank u Lindsey and hnoy

9 May 2010