Welcome to
ESL Printables, the website where English Language teachers exchange resources: worksheets, lesson plans,  activities, etc.
Our collection is growing every day with the help of many teachers. If you want to download you have to send your own contributions.

ESL Forum:

Techniques and methods in Language Teaching

Games, activities and teaching ideas

Grammar and Linguistics

Teaching material

Concerning worksheets

Concerning powerpoints

Concerning online exercises

Make suggestions, report errors

Ask for help

Message board

ESL forum > Message board > What do teachers read?    

What do teachers read?

ynroko1
Slovenia

What do teachers read?

Hi.
Just thought it would be interesting to take this issue...

What book did you read last?

Have a nice Sunday.
Y.

16 May 2010      

aliciapc
Uruguay

"Language development" by Robert Owens Jr.  Still haven �t finished , it �s REALLY good, I recommend it ...

16 May 2010     

stexstme
France

Cato �s book by a French Philosopher : A great book about religion, & thoughts about the Catholic / Orthodox / Muslim churches.
I love this trip through History & religion, , though I �m usually keen on detective novels, esp. by Swedish or Norwegian writers. I usually read a book / a week... Books are the only valuable things I take care of whenever I have to move to another place.... They have now become a huge part of my ... �furniture �!!! & cover three walls -  from top to bottom ! - in the country house where I live...My avatar �s name comes from a book I loved as a child , from Antoine de Saint Exup�ry : The Little Prince. STEXME2( Along with Jules Verne �s novels.)
Big smile Sylvie

16 May 2010     

sarahjane68
Germany

I �m currently reading Jane Austen and Thomas Hardy (for the umpteenth time!). I get through 1 or 2 books a week. I am a bookaholic, can �t get enough of them. The classics are brilliant. However, such books like The Time Traveler �s Wife are fantastic too. I am also a huge fan of Diana Gabaldon �s books

I am like you, Sylvie. Whenever I move books always come with me. Can �t live without my books!

Do you all read books in English or in your native language if it �s not English? 

Sarah

16 May 2010     

stexstme
France

I read every language I learned ....Dear Sarah!

But The books I �m  reading right now are in French....

I could learn any  language, for  the sake of reading a great book....!

With lots of love,
Sylvie

16 May 2010     

blunderbuster
Germany

The Culture Code
Who moved my cheese?
Random Acts of Management (Dilbert) ;o)))

16 May 2010     

ituska
Slovakia

I �ve just finished The Wuthering Heights by Emily Bronte. And Alexander Dumas with his Three Musketeers is waiting for me Smile

but I love fantasy as well... the most of all Terry Pratchet and his Discworld serie

16 May 2010     

manonski (f)
Canada

I �m reading The House at Riverton by Kate Morton.
I usually read in English and sometimes in French. Those are the only languages I understand.

16 May 2010     

kodora
Greece

I �m reading John Medina �s Brain Rules.A very interesting book which offers a new perspective and makes you think about what is going on in your students � minds while you are struggling to teach them various things.
Have a nice week everyone!

16 May 2010     

magneto
Greece

Freud �s "Introduction to Psychoanalysis"

16 May 2010     

renko6
Poland

"U2 by U2" by Neil McCormick (in English) - I recommend it if somebody loves the music group U2  from Ireland - it �s a really great book. I love Bono and his brilliant voice !!! Smile

16 May 2010     

1    2    Next >