Welcome to
ESL Printables, the website where English Language teachers exchange resources: worksheets, lesson plans,  activities, etc.
Our collection is growing every day with the help of many teachers. If you want to download you have to send your own contributions.

ESL Forum:

Techniques and methods in Language Teaching

Games, activities and teaching ideas

Grammar and Linguistics

Teaching material

Concerning worksheets

Concerning powerpoints

Concerning online exercises

Make suggestions, report errors

Ask for help

Message board

ESL forum > Make suggestions, report errors > Flags and Countries    

Flags and Countries

Moroccan Teacher
Morocco

Flags and Countries

Dear Friends,

Under the name of each user there is a flag. Sadly, I don �t know the flags of many countries.

I wonder if the moderators could possibly add the names of the countries under the flags. This would help us learn as many countries as possible while we are sharing or commenting on worksheets

Thanks and have a nice day

For example:

Morocco
Morocco

28 May 2010      

blunderbuster
Germany

Hi,

The moderators cannot make any adjustments to this site. We can only vote for against the removal of reported contributions.

If you want to see what country goes with the respective flag, you can switch to Internet Explorer. This site has been optimized to be viewed with IE, making online exercises will require you to switch to IE anyway.

Regards

28 May 2010     

magneto
Greece

You can also right click the flag and click Properties. 

28 May 2010     

s.lefevre
Brazil

If you put your mouse on the flag, the name of the country appears.

28 May 2010     

Moroccan Teacher
Morocco

Thanks for your answers.

28 May 2010     

banska bystrica
Slovakia

Hello,

I �m using Mozilla firefox, so I can �t see the names of the countries either, even when I put my mouse on the flag I can �t see them, but nevermind.... I keep this page http://flagpedia.net/ always open when I �m on ESL, so every time I �m confused by a flag, I check it there and read the basic information about each country. I �ve learnt quite a lot since I started using it... it �s a good way how to be forced to learn something new, although I have to admit that it would be really helpful and comfortable to see the names of the countries below (next to) each flag Wink

zuzana from Slovakia Smile

28 May 2010     

kodora
Greece

I keep this page open and I check the flags I don �t know
http://www.photius.com/flags/alphabetic_list.html
Dora

28 May 2010     

lshorton99
China

If you �re using firefox, right click on the flag and go to image info - you should be able to find the country then!

Lindsey

28 May 2010     

blunderbuster
Germany

Lindsey has opened up a whole new flag world for me ;o))

28 May 2010     

miss noor
Palestine

magneto
Greece

magneto
Greece

Thanks a lot. it is very easy way.

28 May 2010     

bensupra
Spain

You can �t see it either when using safari, and the right click doesn �t offer any valid option.

28 May 2010     

1    2    Next >