Welcome to
ESL Printables, the website where English Language teachers exchange resources: worksheets, lesson plans,  activities, etc.
Our collection is growing every day with the help of many teachers. If you want to download you have to send your own contributions.

ESL Forum:

Techniques and methods in Language Teaching

Games, activities and teaching ideas

Grammar and Linguistics

Teaching material

Concerning worksheets

Concerning powerpoints

Concerning online exercises

Make suggestions, report errors

Ask for help

Message board

ESL forum > Concerning powerpoints > DOWNLOADING     

DOWNLOADING

moravc
Czech Republic

I think it is always nice to include colourful AND BW version in one file...
This way all teachers would be happy...
I usually use a trick - I work with pictures and colourful textboxes inside a drawing canvas (tool in Word) and I GROUP all elements, so they can be made BW quite easily...
Computer experts can change colourful cliparts into  bw outlined pics in one minute :D , the properties have to be changed to BW...
http://www.eslprintables.com/forum/topic.asp?id=17308

Hope it helps...
The number of mini pictures shouldn �t be very high, you are right...
The content is the most important thing, not the pics but kids need them...

30 May 2010     

jannabanna
France

Hi everyone,

I �ve just read all your comments which are very interesting!  I didn �t realize I would get so many!  I would just like to add that I am not here to gain points.  I �ve been teaching for 35 years, have given teacher training courses and LOVE helping new teachers.  So my first reason for joining this site in June 2009 was to be able to share my work with others.  I have always done it with the teachers I work with, although they RARELY share theirs, which is a pity.

In fact my post on the forum was concerning PPTs.  I use them a lot because I often teach one-to-one, so they are used verbally.  They are often quite long but I rarely put images on the first page, which doesn �t mean that the contents aren �t good and colourful.  I get my students to talk as much as possible.  I have posted printables on everyday situations and guided conversation on the site, which work very well with both groups and one-to-one.  I often finish off with a printable to consolidate, sometimes they do it for homework.

I should add too that I teach adults more than children and often with business English. 

Anyway, thanks everyone for your remarks.

Take care and long live this site!

31 May 2010     

< Previous   1    2