Welcome to
ESL Printables, the website where English Language teachers exchange resources: worksheets, lesson plans,  activities, etc.
Our collection is growing every day with the help of many teachers. If you want to download you have to send your own contributions.

ESL Forum:

Techniques and methods in Language Teaching

Games, activities and teaching ideas

Grammar and Linguistics

Teaching material

Concerning worksheets

Concerning powerpoints

Concerning online exercises

Make suggestions, report errors

Ask for help

Message board

ESL forum > Concerning powerpoints > People with Windows XP who upload powerpoints, please help    

People with Windows XP who upload powerpoints, please help

juliag
Japan

People with Windows XP who upload powerpoints, please help

Dear all,

Sorry to be back again ao soon, but I �ve been trying unsuccessfully for the last few days to upload my first ever powerpoints.

The system won �t accept them, so I must be doing something wrong, but I don �t know what.

Please help me if you can.

After my previous post Liz very kindly replied and said I needed to save it as a ppt not a pps file. Well, I have Windows XP  and as far as I can tell from the information on the Internet that saves automatically as ppt, so I think that shouldn �t be the problem.

The files are ony just over 1 MB so size shouldn �t be either.
What am I doing wrong? Can anyone help me out, please? I would be so happy and grateful.

When I save it default saves with the word "presentation" in the "save as type" box. This is the only thing that I can think might be the problem, but even though I tried saving as some different file types I couldn �t upload any of them, either.

CAN ANY OTHER MEMBERS WHO HAVE SUCCESSFULLY UPLOADED PPTS FROM WINDOWS XP HELP ME OUT AT ALL?

Thanks in advance for your time and help.
Hugs
Julia

31 May 2010      

manonski (f)
Canada

Hi

Sometimes, it takes a while before we can successfully upload. I guess some times of day are busier than others. From what I read, you size is ok and so is your format.

Be patient and try at another time today.

Good luck!

31 May 2010     

Larisa.
Russian Federation

Hello, Julia!

Unfortunatelly I can �t help you this time. Cry I know nothing about making  ppts. Wacko 
I downloaded a tutorial but I have no time at the moment to study it. I �m going to do it a bit later.

I hope you �ll solve this problem!

Good luck to you!

Have a nice day / evening.

Hug Larisa

31 May 2010     

juliag
Japan

Dear Manonski and Larisa and all,
Thank you so much for your advice and concern.
The good news is... I just managed to upload one! Must be just as Manonski said.

Thank you so much for caring, it really meant a lot to me.
Julia

31 May 2010     

dennismychina
China

seem to remember something about Windows 2003 and 2007 and it maybe that you need to save your PPt as Windows 2003, if you are using the 2007 version!!! I might be completely wrong. Hopefully a Windows 2007 user will give some input.

31 May 2010     

Lindax
Ukraine

Windows XP is a 2007 version and it� automatically saves your files as pptx, not ppt.

So you shouldn`t save it on default. You should click the Office button (the uppermost button on your left� with squares on it) and choose Save as Power Point presentation 97 - 2003.

Then confirm it and click the Save button at the bottom.

Good luck!

31 May 2010     

gabitza
Romania

Julia honey,

When you save the file, choose Save as Type: PowerPoint 97-2003 Presentation.

Hope that is the problem and you can fix it.

Hugs, Gabitza

31 May 2010