Welcome to
ESL Printables, the website where English Language teachers exchange resources: worksheets, lesson plans,  activities, etc.
Our collection is growing every day with the help of many teachers. If you want to download you have to send your own contributions.

ESL Forum:

Techniques and methods in Language Teaching

Games, activities and teaching ideas

Grammar and Linguistics

Teaching material

Concerning worksheets

Concerning powerpoints

Concerning online exercises

Make suggestions, report errors

Ask for help

Message board

ESL forum > Message board > Students at eslprintibles.com    

Students at eslprintibles.com

marta_marta
Poland

Students at eslprintibles.com

Dear All,

I �ve recently got a private message from a user who openly admits he �s a student. He asked me to send him one of my worksheets via e-mail. I have very mixed feelings about it. First of all, asking for printables is not fair and second of all, he �s a student.
Should we do anything about it? What do you think about the whole situation? I guess it �s not an isolated case...

Best regards,
Marta

6 Jun 2010      

lshorton99
China

I don �t think the occasional request for a worksheet is a big deal - it �s entirely up to you if you send it or not. This is a sharing website and we get a lot of students on here asking for help with language problems, for example. I find it more annoying when the request for worksheets are posted on the forums - by teachers. It might be more difficult for a student to create worksheets but I feel teachers should at least try. YMMV

Lindsey

6 Jun 2010     

a isabel
Portugal

Hi Marta,

Don �t know what to tell you...I was also requested twice to give a specific worksheet. I thought they were colleagues....but one of them never thanked me.  Perhaps it was not a teacher.  How can we know who is really asking...?
Best regards
a Isabel

6 Jun 2010     

marta_marta
Poland

Lindsey,
Because he �s a student I sent him the worksheet. But I still think that this website is not an ideal place for students. I reckon we can �t forbid them entering the community. I hope you see my point.

Best regards,
Marta

6 Jun 2010     

libertybelle
United States

Can you imagine if all our students ended up here asking for help?
Above on this board Victor wrote:

Welcome to ESL Printables, the website where English Language teachers exchange resources

I have students all day long - and need a place where I can exchange ideas with teachers.  That �s my opinion.

L

6 Jun 2010     

marta_marta
Poland

Hi Libertybelle,

That is my concern as well. However, since it happened for the first time, I decided to help the student. I aslo cited the intro in my email to him.

M.

6 Jun 2010     

GIOVANNI
Canada

I feel the same way as Libertybell.
This site was made for teachers to exchange ideas and work.

7 Jun 2010     

redcamarocruiser
United States

I, too, prefer that the site remain open to teachers only.

7 Jun 2010