Welcome to
ESL Printables, the website where English Language teachers exchange resources: worksheets, lesson plans,  activities, etc.
Our collection is growing every day with the help of many teachers. If you want to download you have to send your own contributions.

ESL Forum:

Techniques and methods in Language Teaching

Games, activities and teaching ideas

Grammar and Linguistics

Teaching material

Concerning worksheets

Concerning powerpoints

Concerning online exercises

Make suggestions, report errors

Ask for help

Message board

ESL forum > Make suggestions, report errors > Watermarked clipart    

Watermarked clipart

frenchfrog
France

deal!

10 Jun 2010     

lshorton99
China

The truth is, sometimes moderators do receive rude PMs and it doesn �t make anyone want to send a message rather than reporting a contribution. Plus, when you do have to go to the trouble of reuploading a worksheet because it �s been deleted, a reckon you �re more likely not to make the same mistake again and therefore cut down on the number of worksheets needing to be reported!!!! It �s a ll a learning experience!

Frenchfrog - might I suggest you let it go? As far as I know it �s not against the rules to leave the site then change your mind and return with a different name - it �s NOT the same as having multiple accounts at the same time. It is, however, against the rules to make personal attacks on the forums, which I think your continued harrassment of Silke counts as. I don �t know what has gone down between you two but could you possible take your discussion to PM so I don �t have to read it every time I log in. Thanks.

Lindsey

10 Jun 2010     

frenchfrog
France

I will make the first step. I will stop these interventions of mine. I �ll do it for Victor and his site.

Dare I ask you, Topolina, to make a step too? Can you please stop answering the posts that deal with the rules, for Victor and his site?

10 Jun 2010     

borna
Croatia

You know, this is exactly why I was away from ESL printables for a longer period of time (in case somebody noticed me gone) - it made me sick  to see people fighting on the forum over insignificant things EVERY SINGLE DAY. Sadly, I see that nothing has changed...

10 Jun 2010     

Lina Ladybird
Germany

No way, frenchfrog... No, no, no!!

You seem to have thought that if you harass me in public long enough, I will humbly submit to your will. Now you�ve found out that this will obviously not work, not just because of the fact that I�m unwilling to give in, but also because other members start to feel disturbed by your constant mobbing attacks on me.

I don �t see how it could help Victor and his site if I stopped making people aware of the rules. I have always been doing it in a polite way during the past few weeks � so where�s the problem? On the day I left the site Victor thanked me for doing this and a lot of other things. So when even the owner of ESLP found it appropriate to thank me for my efforts, I cannot see any valid reasons why I should stop doing what I have always done.

After you have been bullying me, there�s no inducement for me at all why I should explain this decision of mine to you in more detail. Aside from that, you �re stubborn enough to stick to your weird point of view anyway no matter what I say! However, I would like to make others understand why I refuse to follow your ridiculous request.

I really believe you �re taking yourself and your opinion far too serious. You keep acting as if you were the owner of this site or Victor�s spokesperson. It�s not your call to "educate" other teachers in this website and it is more than insolent of you to think that you have the right to judge me as well as the right to stalk me... You seem to feel superior of me, which makes me laugh on the one hand and makes me feel sad on the other hand. Who are you to teach me lessons? It would have suited you much, much better if you had just ignored me...

Perhaps I should remind you that you �re not a "better" or more valuable user than me or anybody else in this website!! I do respect your values and ethics, but you cannot expect others to follow them. So, please, have the decency to respect MY values and ethics, too!

It is a fact that you "jumped on me" several times without me having attacked you personally prior to this in any way. You are the one who started this pointless discussion! You wanted to force me to go out of my way just because you think you have the right to do so. Let me tell you that you have NO right whatsoever to make me stop commenting on whatever I want and as often as I find it appropriate.

Moreover, although you definitely knew very well that it is against the rules to attack other members in public, you chose to harass me continuously. Maybe you think that it is OK to bully others when you think they have broken the rules � I really don�t know! But let me tell you this: neither you nor anybody else will succeed in mobbing me out of this site!

Make a second step and leave me alone FOREVER... :)) Thank you!

11 Jun 2010     

frenchfrog
France

I wrote I would stop. I keep my promises.

The truth in that case is ugly but what it made me do is even uglier. I apologize to all those who found my messages shocking, inappropriate, arrogant, rude, vindictive, or any other unpleasant adjective ...

11 Jun 2010     

Lina Ladybird
Germany

I appreciate your apology and the fact that you have come to your senses very much.

This matter could have been solved quite easily if you had written me a PM or an E-mail in order to clarify things, however, you chose another way which has disappointed me a lot: you wanted to destroy or at least damage my reputation without being aware of the fact that you have only damaged your own reputation by writing all these rude things.

I thank you very much for having the guts to admit that your behaviour was ugly. However, I �m still very, very sure that you don �t know the whole truth at all. ;)

12 Jun 2010     

zailda
Brazil

Hi girls!

I �ve noticed Frenchfrog �s replies after Silke �s comments but I refrain from participating in such disputes because I �m trying to be sweeter and stay away from discussions on the forum. In the past I got involved in heat arguments that led us nowhere.

Besides being worthless, they are also annoying for a great number of members, so I �m glad to hear that personal matters will be treated by PM.

I consider Silke a friend and Frenchfrog �s contributions are among the ones I admire the most at this site, so I would appreciate if arguments like this one don �t appear among the forum threads.

Love you guys  Heart

Zailda

12 Jun 2010     

< Previous   1    2