Welcome to
ESL Printables, the website where English Language teachers exchange resources: worksheets, lesson plans,  activities, etc.
Our collection is growing every day with the help of many teachers. If you want to download you have to send your own contributions.

ESL Forum:

Techniques and methods in Language Teaching

Games, activities and teaching ideas

Grammar and Linguistics

Teaching material

Concerning worksheets

Concerning powerpoints

Concerning online exercises

Make suggestions, report errors

Ask for help

Message board

ESL forum > Concerning powerpoints > Add a voice to your presentation    

Add a voice to your presentation

edrodmedina
United States

Add a voice to your presentation

Hello everyone!!! I �m new here and have no points and therefore no clout, but I came across a great webiste from ATT that allows you to type a word, sentence or even a paragraph and it will speak that word, sentence or paragraph in one of several languages including Am English and British English using different characters. Sometimes some of the words are a little bit mechanical but for the most part you can get an almost natural sounding voice. You also have different characters to choose from that will do the speaking..male and female. Try it and let me know what you think. I use it to add instructions, narrations etc. to Powerpoint presentations. Ed    http://www2.research.att.com/~ttsweb/tts/demo.php 

4 Jul 2010      

pascy
France

Super, thanks a million.

4 Jul 2010     

leonidas75
Spain

I �ve just tried and it �s great, thank you!

4 Jul 2010     

Aurore
France

Great contribution. I �m not too good with power point. How exactly do I add the voice to one? 
Thanks

4 Jul 2010     

edrodmedina
United States

You are welcome...Hello Aurore.. Let �s say you have a picture in your presentation, you click on it the ngo to Insert. Look for Action and click on that. Whenthat window opens go to Play sound. Check Play sound you can choose one of those sounds found there or and  scroll to the bottom of that and you �ll see Other sound. When you open Other sound you can look for a file in your computer where you have the wav (sound) stored. Choose the sound you want. When the presentation is open for viewing if you click on the picture you will hear the sound you chose. There are other ways of making the sound come up but that is the most basic. hope this helps. Ed

4 Jul 2010     

Mar0919
Mexico

You have a point now!

Hugs!

Mar

(check your pm)

5 Jul 2010     

Vivilui
Argentina

I love creating power points for my students and I �m learning by myself (I just started with a short explanation one of my students once gave me). So I still don �t know how to make loads of things. One that I �d like to know -as I need it for the new one I �m preparing- is:
a) I want to put some picturs at random and then they should go to a chart just by clicking on them or dragging. How do I do that?
b) I �d like my images or words to enter to the page at the click of the mouse (but the ppt page should first appear blank). How do I do that?

I �ll try what edrodmedina has suggested to add voice, as that was another of my issus.

Thanks in advance. Hope any of u great teaacers can help me!!! A hugHug
Vivilui

9 Jul 2010     

zainah2000
United Arab Emirates

I tried it > great site you know I was looking for such a site to help me. Thanks a lot

13 Dec 2010