Welcome to
ESL Printables, the website where English Language teachers exchange resources: worksheets, lesson plans,  activities, etc.
Our collection is growing every day with the help of many teachers. If you want to download you have to send your own contributions.

ESL Forum:

Techniques and methods in Language Teaching

Games, activities and teaching ideas

Grammar and Linguistics

Teaching material

Concerning worksheets

Concerning powerpoints

Concerning online exercises

Make suggestions, report errors

Ask for help

Message board

ESL forum > Message board > HELP!    

HELP!

Mariethe House
France

HELP!

Help! i am going nuts!!
I am teching my elementary group tomorrow and I want to get them to ask each other questions and answer  in the simple present......just with the verbs "speak" and "understand" and maybe  " write". I want everyone to be involved  saying things like : "does your mother speak arabic? German ... etc.;"
Eventually, I want the final activity to be a r�sum� of what has been said in the form of:
Laura�s mother speaks english alittle but my mum doen�t peak English at all..

I have been trying to think of a communicative activity for ..... some time... for too long in fact.. I have browsed the site and couldn�t find anything suitable for my very specifis purpose!! Please give me ideas!!
I have been teaching for 30 years now ! Would you believe it?

26 Nov 2008      

firstime
France

Hi Mariethe!
Why don�t you give the children a worksheet with items and make a pair-work? Everyone has to answer the question of their partners, write down the answer, and recap using the 3rd person? It isn�t difficult or long to make if you have one free hour this evening...
Or you can do a "Find someone who(se)"

26 Nov 2008     

firstime
France

Give me your email, I�m preparing a WS. (simple, though)

26 Nov 2008     

Mariethe House
France

Thanks ever so much!!!!!

So very kind ! I appreciate all the work you do!I am sending you a message in your message box!

26 Nov 2008     

Mariethe House
France

Thank you firstime. you�ve saved me alot of work and suffering! Hope I can repay you one day!

26 Nov 2008     

lina70
France

Well I did exactly what Firstime told you and it works pretty well but be careful give them a list of vocabulary to use beforehand or otherwise they will start asking "what�s the english word for that and that?" I gave a list of words on routine and I used time.Tom�s father gets up at 6 but my father doesn�t.For the brilliant they continue the sentence by adding My father doesn�t as he gets up at 8. Firstime i would like to have your worksheet as recap if you don�t mind of course. i put them in pairs to ask each other questions with a handout that I got for free on the net ,you know kind of reporter thing and after that they had to report at what time they get up and say that their partner doesn�t get up at that time but gets up at ....... If you want that activity give me your email address. For tomorrow ,I�ve downloaded a video on routine on YOU tube for a little girl�s routine.They are going to watch it and I�m going to as them questions exam:Does she get up in the evening?
                                                                                When does she get get up? etc and again they will be working in pairs practising the questions.

26 Nov 2008     

Mariethe House
France

Thank you Lina; You, young teachers are so full of imagination and energy� Thanks a lot� i feel happy about the simple but well structured activity firstime sent me!

Have a good day everyone of you!

27 Nov 2008