Welcome to
ESL Printables, the website where English Language teachers exchange resources: worksheets, lesson plans,  activities, etc.
Our collection is growing every day with the help of many teachers. If you want to download you have to send your own contributions.

ESL Forum:

Techniques and methods in Language Teaching

Games, activities and teaching ideas

Grammar and Linguistics

Teaching material

Concerning worksheets

Concerning powerpoints

Concerning online exercises

Make suggestions, report errors

Ask for help

Message board

ESL forum > Concerning worksheets > Help Please    

Help Please

RitaWi
Australia

Help Please

I �ve been trying to send a 1.33 kb worksheet for over 3 weeks! Every time I try the computer says �page not found �. I �ve uploaded other worksheets without any problems but this one doesn �t want to get sent. Can anyone help? RitaW

17 Jul 2010      

blunderbuster
Germany

Rita, save it under a different name and try again. Good luck!

17 Jul 2010     

Lina Ladybird
Germany

Dear Rita,

Are you sure that your ws has only 1.33 kB? It seems to be very, very small then. Whenever I save a very "light" Word document, which contains only a few sentences, it has at least 20 kB. Can you please check and let me know? (You can also write me a PM if you like.)

Best wishes - Silke

17 Jul 2010     

ELOJOLIE274
France

Hi,
your file must be corrupted I think, because on my computer when I save in .doc an empty document, it takes 25.5kb on my hard disk....
if you can open your file try to copy its contents onto a new document and save this new document and then try to send it!
best of luck!
Elodie

PS: are you sure it is 1.33kb and not 1.33Mb?

17 Jul 2010     

blunderbuster
Germany

Saving it under a different name might solve the atypical size-issue as well ;o)

17 Jul 2010     

ELOJOLIE274
France

dear Silke,
we had the same idea!
but sometimes a corrupted file can appear very small, that �s why rita should try to save the contents of her file into a new document... one time i created a very simple ws (just a few sentences) but something happened - I don �t know what, and a friend of mine who is a computer engineer couldn �t find the solution either - and i could open the document, but i couldn �t save it as a new document (.pdf, .doc), i couldn �t print it... I try to copy the contents and it didn �t work... i ended up copying my ws 1 sentence after another to spot the problem: and it came from the frame of a small chart I had included in my document... after saving the new document my friend and I realized the new document was 10 times bigger than the previous one... but as I said we still don �t know what happened...
Elodie

17 Jul 2010     

Lina Ladybird
Germany

Dear Elodie,

Something similar has happened to me before, too! Confused

BTW, if the ws really has 1.33 MB, it �s quite clear why it won �t upload... Wink

Let �s see what happens. I �m looking forward to Rita �s feedback.

Have a relaxing Saturday - Silke

17 Jul 2010     

RitaWi
Australia

Thanks everyone. I compressed the pictures and it worked.

19 Jul 2010