Welcome to
ESL Printables, the website where English Language teachers exchange resources: worksheets, lesson plans,  activities, etc.
Our collection is growing every day with the help of many teachers. If you want to download you have to send your own contributions.

ESL Forum:

Techniques and methods in Language Teaching

Games, activities and teaching ideas

Grammar and Linguistics

Teaching material

Concerning worksheets

Concerning powerpoints

Concerning online exercises

Make suggestions, report errors

Ask for help

Message board

ESL forum > Message board > A Pilgrim ´s Progress: A Guide to the Romería    

A Pilgrim ´s Progress: A Guide to the Romería

napster
Costa Rica

If this is the year you ´ve decided to lace up your sneakers and follow Costa Rica ´s Catholic faithful on the march to Cartago, you won ´t be alone.

This year, 2 million people are expected to make the Aug. 2 pilgrimage. Most will leave on Sunday, but some are already on their way, walking, riding horses, biking and crawling from points as far away as Guanacaste and Panama.

If you do decide to join the mass of romeros (or pilgrims), it ´s best to heed the advice of veteran marchers, as the day can be a mix of pain and inconvenience for those who are not prepared.

Forty-eight-year-old Any Vargas, who has made the trip five times from her home in San Pedro, advises walkers to wear shoes that have been broken in and carry plenty of water.

“I wouldn ´t do it if you are not in good physical condition,” she said. “It can be very difficult.”

Though people along the route offer food and water and some open their homes and bathrooms to walkers, it ´s always a good idea to bring some food yourself, said Ana Isabel Ureña, as she emerged from a church in San Pedro on Wednesday morning.

Also, don ´t forget a sweater, said the seven-time romera, as you ´ll be walking through the mountains into the cool Cartago night.

what do you think?

1 Aug 2010      

Lina Ladybird
Germany

I think this is an interesting text. But what does it have to do with ESL or EFL?? ;) What ´s the purpose of copying and pasting such an excerpt into this forum?

1 Aug 2010     

napster
Costa Rica

so that you know my country ´s religioun customs, or perhaps you want to report it

1 Aug 2010     

Akanah
Spain

DFTT

1 Aug 2010     

Lina Ladybird
Germany

If you want to share your country ´s religious costums, it could be a good idea to invite other teachers to share some interesting customs of their countries with us, too - instead of just writing "What do you think?".

This way this could become a really useful thread. ;))

Just a tip though...

1 Aug 2010     

Jayho
Australia

I thought you were gonna take a break Question

1 Aug 2010     

napster
Costa Rica

no man, my anger and bad feelings have gone ;furthermore, you asked me for staying here :lol:

1 Aug 2010     

Lina Ladybird
Germany

Jayhoooooooooooooooo... Hi! :))

Ummm, how come you have an insect on your nose, dear?? Insects are not allowed here!! LOL

1 Aug 2010     

Jayho
Australia

I do? Oh dear.

I will do the Aussie_Salute and shoo it away.

Glad to hear it Napster.

1 Aug 2010