Welcome to
ESL Printables, the website where English Language teachers exchange resources: worksheets, lesson plans,  activities, etc.
Our collection is growing every day with the help of many teachers. If you want to download you have to send your own contributions.

ESL Forum:

Techniques and methods in Language Teaching

Games, activities and teaching ideas

Grammar and Linguistics

Teaching material

Concerning worksheets

Concerning powerpoints

Concerning online exercises

Make suggestions, report errors

Ask for help

Message board

ESL forum > Techniques and methods in Language Teaching > Word searches and crosswords in different shapes    

Word searches and crosswords in different shapes

blunderbuster
Germany

Word searches and crosswords in different shapes

Hi,

Some of you have word searches in the shape of bunnies or flowers, also some crosswords.

Now, I have made some word searches in special shapes by arranging the words myself. Is there an application, though, that lets you make these things simply by uploading a shape and the words and clicking a button?

Thanks

Big smile

4 Aug 2010      

franknbea
United Kingdom

Good Morning,

This puzzle maker has different grid shapes to choose from
I hope this helps

4 Aug 2010     

blunderbuster
Germany

Hi,

Thank you. Are there applications that let you create your own shapes, too? I have been searching the web but couldn �t find any.

Hug

4 Aug 2010     

franknbea
United Kingdom

That I do not know...
But I �ll look.

4 Aug 2010     

baiba
Latvia

Hi BB,

Here is a word search generator where you can change the grid shape http://www.free-puzzles.net/word-search-puzzles/word-search-form.php

4 Aug 2010     

franknbea
United Kingdom

I came up blank on creating your own grid.
there is such software but it is not available for free.
this one tells you how to add pictures to your grids,

4 Aug 2010     

blunderbuster
Germany

I have played with the ehow offer, couldn �t get it to work. I wonder how sevim makes hers....

4 Aug 2010     

baiba
Latvia

Here I found one more generator which you have to download but it looks very good.
http://wordsearchcreator.org/

4 Aug 2010     

blunderbuster
Germany

Thank you Baiba, that seems to be it. I can �t get it to work on Windows 7, though.....Unhappy

4 Aug 2010     

baiba
Latvia

It was quite hard but I cracked it!Approve (on Windows XP) If you need more help, send me a PM.

4 Aug 2010     

verybouncyperson
Spain

Thanks frankbea and baiba for the links :)

4 Aug 2010