Welcome to
ESL Printables, the website where English Language teachers exchange resources: worksheets, lesson plans,  activities, etc.
Our collection is growing every day with the help of many teachers. If you want to download you have to send your own contributions.

ESL Forum:

Techniques and methods in Language Teaching

Games, activities and teaching ideas

Grammar and Linguistics

Teaching material

Concerning worksheets

Concerning powerpoints

Concerning online exercises

Make suggestions, report errors

Ask for help

Message board

ESL forum > Message board > Please leave your comments...    

Please leave your comments...

igof
Portugal

Please leave your comments...

Hello everyone...

I know I�m not the first person to mention this, but in fact I feel that it�s very sad to see that WS are downloaded and some people don�t leave any comments. I can proudly say that 99% of the times I download something, I always leave a comment to my fellow teachers to encourage them and to show them how much I appreciate their work. Sometimes when i�m in a hurry I may only write a simple THANKS A LOT, but the fact is that I write something. I can understand that sometimes people don�t have much time or are too busy, but I believe that with an effort everyone could do this. I�m saying this because my WS are downloaded and hardly ever I get any comment, and I believe I�m not the only one that feels like this.
Sorry but i needed to take this out of my chest Cry

Thanks anyway

Isabel

27 Nov 2008      

Belusa
Argentina

I agree with you, Isabel, it�s nice to have our teaching drive stroked once in a while, it definitely makes you feel proud of your hard work. Take care. Bel�n

27 Nov 2008     

igof
Portugal

Just to say to Ladybird and Belusa. I think you�re right and you�ve cheered me up.

A big Hug from Portugal

Isabel

28 Nov 2008     

arkel
Ireland

How right you all are! This is my pet project. A simple thanks means soo much! Today I broke my record of downloads and I am really grateful to everybody who found my exercise useful and especially to those who left a coment. However, let me share something with you. This is like having a party. You invite x number to it and y turn up. Do you spend the night lamenting those who didn�t come or enjoying the company of those who did? Thanks to all who came to my partyHug   

28 Nov 2008     

igof
Portugal

LOL You�re so right... Loved your comparison. LLLLOOOOLLLL
From now on I�m going to enjoy the company of those who come to my party.

Thanks for your nice words

Isabel

28 Nov 2008     

wolfy
Chile

I felt that way at the begining, no comments or only general thank you, but it�s amazing what one or two thoughtful comments make.

28 Nov 2008     

dennismychina
China

Hi Guys,
I agree with you all. Especially as a very newbie (now I�m just a newbie) it felt great to see that your contributions were appreciated. Having said that, I must admit that I am guilty of not always leaving a response. The reason (excuse???) is that although the preview scroll system being used is a great idea, in many cases it scrolls to quickly for me read the content. I then download the worksheet or powerpoint to look at it at leisure.  In these cases I don�t usually leave a thank you. In hindsight I am wrong and apologise. A lot of work goes into making these really magnificent (almost works of art) lessons plans and if they are good enough to have a look at they�re good enough to show some appreciation. I am generally in awe at the patience and dedication of most of the members of this site. In a lot of case I wonder how they can be presented to and used by the students?
Be Happy & Well,
Dennis

28 Nov 2008     

Damielle
Argentina

I agree with most of you. A little thanks  reinforces your sense of achievement and shows  the  downloader�s good manners. But not all the people have the same point of view. Read the following comments:

kevinwolfenden "I�m not really bothered about the points but which comment do you think is more important to me?"

Logos "Please let us be a bit more mature about this - learn to live with a little unrecognition.  After all, you are a teacher and I am sure your students and parents of your kids don�t keep thanking you every day. 

This is not to say don�t bother leaving comments - I welcome them as much as the next person - but if they don�t, then get over it.  They downloaded your work and gave you points, be happy with that "

I respect their point of view although I don�t agree with them. I also have to consider that here we have people belonging to different cultures and with different points of view. And that counts in this issue.

28 Nov 2008     

igof
Portugal

Hi damielle...

I believe you�re right when you say that we should consider the fact that there are different people from different cultures here and that influences a lot, but I also believe that in any part of the world when we take or use something from another person, even if the person is offering it (like we do here in our fantastic site) it�s a sign of good manners and recognition to say a simple THANK YOU!. As to what Logos has said (I had never read his comment because I�m relatively new here) it�s true that we don�t get the recognition of our Ss and parents everyday, but that�s exactly the reason why i believe this site is different. Because we all know what being a teacher is and all the work and effort it emplies. And because of that we should show our recognition to our colleagues here.Because we don�t find it very often.(This is what is happening now here in Portugal). I�m not asking people to leave their comments each time they download, but at least most of the times i believe it�s possible.  And people are free to have other opinions, of course, but I also believe that when they log-in they love to see the comments left by our colleagues. But now I�m trying to look at this as Arkel suggested above LOL...

A big thank you for your comment from rainy Portugal

28 Nov 2008     

Damielle
Argentina

Dear igof,

I absolutely agree with you. read the following posts and you�ll see that my point of view is similar to yours.

I was only pointing out the reason why some people may not be leaving comments. Besides I think that maybe someothers are not involved with the spirit of this site, I mean, working hard, sharing, helping. They may download the ws, and that is!!! they may not  care about the others at all.

29 Nov 2008