Welcome to
ESL Printables, the website where English Language teachers exchange resources: worksheets, lesson plans,  activities, etc.
Our collection is growing every day with the help of many teachers. If you want to download you have to send your own contributions.

ESL Forum:

Techniques and methods in Language Teaching

Games, activities and teaching ideas

Grammar and Linguistics

Teaching material

Concerning worksheets

Concerning powerpoints

Concerning online exercises

Make suggestions, report errors

Ask for help

Message board

ESL forum > Message board > VIDEO TO LEARN COUNTING 1-10 AND TO INTRODUCE ONSELF ???    

VIDEO TO LEARN COUNTING 1-10 AND TO INTRODUCE ONSELF ???

swissprof
Switzerland

VIDEO TO LEARN COUNTING 1-10 AND TO INTRODUCE ONSELF ???

Hi everybody

I am starting this week a new course with beginners who are between 16-17 years old. Who could suggest me a video to learn counting and to introduce oneself.
Most of the time, the videos are for little children

Thank you for your suggestions

15 Aug 2010      

anitarobi
Croatia

I really don �t think you �ll have any problems teaching them 1-10 at that age, but if you feel you need it you can always pick any clip on youtube that contains countdown - countdown to lift off or countdown till New Years �. As for introductions, you might try something here
just to keep things funny, because at that age they might be embarassed with their lack of knowledge. There is also lots about it on youtube, but do check the quality and content before you use it in class http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=7Z67n0awjfo.

15 Aug 2010     

anitarobi
Croatia

But do check some speaking cards and activities people have here on the subject. There are wonderful things at ESL.

15 Aug 2010     

s.lefevre
Brazil

I think, maybe you could teach them more then 1-10 and then play Bingo or loto with them. Perhaps from 1-25( or 30) and then you give them a chart and they write 9 numbers in the cases. You can read the numbers the first time and the other times the students read the numbers.

16 Aug 2010     

EvaRamos
Panama

Hello!

Youtube always have good ESL material.  As I suggested to someone else, you can use a free software:  Atube catcher (type that word in the google search bar), download the software, and you only have to paste the url of the video and start downloading in order to have it in your own computer.

Good luck!

Eva

16 Aug 2010     

swissprof
Switzerland

Thanks a lot for your help !

Have a nice day

Nicole

16 Aug 2010