Welcome to
ESL Printables, the website where English Language teachers exchange resources: worksheets, lesson plans,  activities, etc.
Our collection is growing every day with the help of many teachers. If you want to download you have to send your own contributions.

ESL Forum:

Techniques and methods in Language Teaching

Games, activities and teaching ideas

Grammar and Linguistics

Teaching material

Concerning worksheets

Concerning powerpoints

Concerning online exercises

Make suggestions, report errors

Ask for help

Message board

ESL forum > Message board > ..................................    

______
Germany

28 Nov 2008      

Vickiii
New Zealand

Hi Ladybird,

Far be it from me....hehehe don�t ya love billy connelly?

Have you reported the person.  I just report and leave a message that says STOLEN.  I find when I put the actual link on the front page that people seem to flock to it to download it with their free points...  It seems to be contrary to the whole point of announcing a stolen worksheet. 

If you report the person and put the link to the original then it makes it a lot easier for Victor to follow the link and then delete the persons account.

Cheers
V

28 Nov 2008     

alien boy
Japan

Hi Ladybird.

I agree with you totally. We really do need a separate area for these to be posted. There should be a formal process of warnings, points removed, and barring in place. But there should also be an appeal process too.

I also agree that it is important to make a comment. However, as Libertybelle suggested to another poster, there is always the report it  link that should also be used to advise Victor.  Maybe the link & accompanying info about downloads should be a little more obvious.

I also know that it may be difficult for new users to be aware of the true source for many of the plagiarised worksheets and so it is quite possible for many downloads (& therefore allocated points) to occur before anyone reports the user & worksheet.

Unfortunately I feel there are too many users & resources posted for any one person to be a full time policeman to vet every new posting & possible source of origin... maybe there should be another rating system for users. Sure, there is "Premium Member" once you get to 30 points. Maybe there should also be a "Trusted Member" (or perhaps a more politically correct term) used to identify contributors who have uploaded say 10 or more worksheets that have been checked for originality. This would entail a lot of work to verify.

Just a few thoughts....

28 Nov 2008     

fletsch
Canada

I think that we should all not download a worksheet or PPT (no matter how useful it might be for us) if there is a comment on it that says stolen and and gives the link to the original.  Dowloading stolen material is the opposite of what this site in intended for.   I think that the members who steal or copy worksheets or PPTs  and try to put them off as their own are few and far between.  Let�s just not give those members any points.  Have a great weekend,      Fletsch

28 Nov 2008     

wolfy
Chile

I like the idea of a rating system mentioned by Alien. �Stolen ws can recieve a zero, with everyone rating the ws. �Putting a link in the forum just makes people look at it, I�ve noticed that some people write the link without the link attached, remove the fist w in www should do it. �That way people will not follow the link, report it and hey no downloads. �That�s all we can do, me, you, we cannot spend time searching through each ws to check if it�s stolen or not, we can only spot the ones we stumble across and recognise.

28 Nov 2008