Welcome to
ESL Printables, the website where English Language teachers exchange resources: worksheets, lesson plans,  activities, etc.
Our collection is growing every day with the help of many teachers. If you want to download you have to send your own contributions.

ESL Forum:

Techniques and methods in Language Teaching

Games, activities and teaching ideas

Grammar and Linguistics

Teaching material

Concerning worksheets

Concerning powerpoints

Concerning online exercises

Make suggestions, report errors

Ask for help

Message board

ESL forum > Concerning worksheets > I NEED HELP WITH BACKGROUNDS, PLEASE    

I NEED HELP WITH BACKGROUNDS, PLEASE

Fessor
Austria

I NEED HELP WITH BACKGROUNDS, PLEASE

Dear colleagues,

I do not know why the backgrounds I choose only appear in the weblayout. They are not visible in the normal page layout.
Can anyone tip me off?   Lamp
I use Windows XP Word 2007. (Maybe it �s the software?)

Thanks in advance.

18 Aug 2010      

Catalina Sorina
Romania

Well, this happens to me with an older version of Word, too, (I think mine is Word 2000, but not sure) so I gave up using the background.

18 Aug 2010     

juliag
Japan

Hi Fessor and Catalina

I remember maybe Phillip R saying a long time ago that the word backgrounds are only meant to show up in the preview and not in the printed version of the document, so I think it �s just the way that feature was made.

It �s easy to make your own background though. Just choose a square from autoshapes, enlarge it to the size of your page, and choose an interesting fill. Hope this helps.

Some members seem to get very nice backgrounds from (probably) clipart collections and so on. I �m not sure where they get them from, but this is also a very nice option.

Have a nice day.
Julia

19 Aug 2010     

Fessor
Austria

Thanks Julia. I will try it.
Have a nice day!

19 Aug 2010