Welcome to
ESL Printables, the website where English Language teachers exchange resources: worksheets, lesson plans,  activities, etc.
Our collection is growing every day with the help of many teachers. If you want to download you have to send your own contributions.

ESL Forum:

Techniques and methods in Language Teaching

Games, activities and teaching ideas

Grammar and Linguistics

Teaching material

Concerning worksheets

Concerning powerpoints

Concerning online exercises

Make suggestions, report errors

Ask for help

Message board

ESL forum > Message board > I NEED HELP WITH MY PRINTABLE!!!    

I NEED HELP WITH MY PRINTABLE!!!

cyan67
Spain

I NEED HELP WITH MY PRINTABLE!!!

MY PRINTABLE HAS GOT 806 KB AND THE SYSTEM DOESN �T PERMIT ME TO SHARE IT, (I KNOW THAT THE MAXIM ALLOWED SIZE IS 500 KB) IT IS A CROSSWORD ABOUT NUMBERS AND THE PICTURES ARE NECESSARY. WHAT CAN I DO?

19 Aug 2010      

anitarobi
Croatia

Have you tried compressing the pics? It shaves off KBs in a second!

19 Aug 2010     

franknbea
United Kingdom

First dear Cyan you can stop shouting (writing in capitals) I �m all the way across Europe in Poland and I can hear you screaming from hereWink 
as far as your work sheet, try reducing the size of the images. there is a tutorial in the tutorials section that shows exactly how to do that.
Good luck...
And don �t forget.... quiet please, some of us are trying to sleep. This is a kind of school after allLOL

19 Aug 2010     

mena22
Portugal

Hi Cyana! You can try this:

Copy and paste each picture in PAINT (clik on Programmes, then on Accessories, and finally on PAINT), save them as (give another name) and finally insert the image on the worksheet. The size will be reduced automatically.

You can also   click on insert (before inserting the image on the worksheet), select the image you want from the file, and open it with microsoft picture manager, reduce the size and save it.

Don �t forget that you shouldn �t copy and paste an image directly from the net on your worksheet. Always save it first in a file.

Hope I could help.
Have a nnice day,
mena

19 Aug 2010     

s.lefevre
Brazil

You can also print screen, then copy to paint and cut the parts which are not part of your worksheet. It will be very light.

19 Aug 2010     

Olindalima ( F )
Portugal

Hi

My 2 cents

Select all the pictures ( control+shift )
Right click your mouse
Save as picture.

Then delete all the pictures in your printable and paste your new picture( only one )
Linda

19 Aug 2010     

PhilipR
Thailand

Have you tried this? Right-click a picture (any picture) -> select �Picture � tab -> click �Compress � (bottom left) -> select �All pictures in document � and �Web/screen �.

Confirm the dialogue box warning you quality may deteriorate. (PS: this often works for me in Word 2003)

19 Aug 2010     

seqball
Mexico

You can also get rid of the color. Change all of the pictures to gray-scale, then lighten/brighten contrast as needed to save space.

19 Aug 2010