Welcome to
ESL Printables, the website where English Language teachers exchange resources: worksheets, lesson plans,  activities, etc.
Our collection is growing every day with the help of many teachers. If you want to download you have to send your own contributions.

ESL Forum:

Techniques and methods in Language Teaching

Games, activities and teaching ideas

Grammar and Linguistics

Teaching material

Concerning worksheets

Concerning powerpoints

Concerning online exercises

Make suggestions, report errors

Ask for help

Message board

ESL forum > Message board > no violence    

no violence

napster
Costa Rica

no violence

Seven-year-old boy detained with .22-caliber pistol at school

Costa Rica �s National Police confiscated a loaded .22-caliber revolver Monday from a 7-year-old boy at the Mar�a Leal grade school in Santa Cruz, in the northwestern province of Guanacaste.

According to the Security Ministry, the first-grader was carrying the gun inside his backpack when a teacher noticed a strange bulge in the bag.

The teacher halted the child, searched his bag and called the police. Officials said the pistol was loaded with two bullets.

The boy �s grandmother, who arrived at the school after authorities notified her of the situation, denied that the gun belonged to anyone in the family.

The boy was released to his family and the case has been presented to the Santa Cruz prosecuting attorney, who will determine if further action is necessary.

Henry Quesada, principal of the Mar�a Leal school, said officials from the Education Ministry have been instructing teachers at his school to intervene when they suspect a child is armed.

The ministry presented the school with a series of weapon-intervention protocols at the beginning of the school year, Quesada said.

Costa Rica �s Education Ministry has come under pressure recently to tackle school violence and misconduct after a 17-year-old male student shot and killed his school �s principal last month at a private high school in Heredia, north of San Jos�.

hey my friends, imitate this example of my country

21 Aug 2010      

Lina Ladybird
Germany

Certainly NOT!!

21 Aug 2010     

manuelanunes3
Portugal

Hi

I believe each country must deal with the violence in schools according to the problems they have to deal with everyday.
I guess the problems in napster �s country aren �t the same as in my country for example. In any case the problem of violence is increasing all over the world and some measures must be taken.

21 Aug 2010