Welcome to
ESL Printables, the website where English Language teachers exchange resources: worksheets, lesson plans,  activities, etc.
Our collection is growing every day with the help of many teachers. If you want to download you have to send your own contributions.

ESL Forum:

Techniques and methods in Language Teaching

Games, activities and teaching ideas

Grammar and Linguistics

Teaching material

Concerning worksheets

Concerning powerpoints

Concerning online exercises

Make suggestions, report errors

Ask for help

Message board

ESL forum > Ask for help > Placement test    

Placement test

pcafer (F)
Portugal

Placement test

I�m going to start teaching adults from EFA courses and I need a placement test to check their knowledge on the English language. Sometimes they say they don�t know anything, but they do, and this turns to be complicated to manage if you have a class in which some don�t really know anything and others know something... Can you help me? Do you have or know a good placement test to use with adults?

Thanks in advance!

28 Nov 2008      

dennismychina
China

Hi Pcafer,

I have a copy of a placement test which was given to me recently. It belongs to an ESL English course book so I�m not sure if it will be ideal. It might be course content orientated. However if you�re stuck mail me at [email protected] and I�ll send you a copy to look at.

28 Nov 2008     

Vickiii
New Zealand

Hello pcafer,

If you search this site you find some fantastic resources.  I found this placement test a few weeks ago - it is fantastic:

just one point and you have yourself a fantastic resource to use over and over again.

Hope it helps.

28 Nov 2008     

dennismychina
China

Well done Vicki,

You guys are a mine of information and so willing to help, it�s wonderful.

29 Nov 2008