Welcome to
ESL Printables, the website where English Language teachers exchange resources: worksheets, lesson plans,  activities, etc.
Our collection is growing every day with the help of many teachers. If you want to download you have to send your own contributions.

ESL Forum:

Techniques and methods in Language Teaching

Games, activities and teaching ideas

Grammar and Linguistics

Teaching material

Concerning worksheets

Concerning powerpoints

Concerning online exercises

Make suggestions, report errors

Ask for help

Message board

ESL forum > Make suggestions, report errors > The size demanded for them postage it is very small for classes that we have.    

The size demanded for them postage it is very small for classes that we have.

zailda
Brazil

WHAT I �VE LEARNED FROM ESL PRINTABLES

Some of my old wss are a mere transcription of what I was going to teach when I prepared them. So I �ve learned how to prepare wss that catch the students � eyes and motivate them.

As a teacher I "thought" I was a patient person but I realized that patience is not my strong point. And also found out that we can learn it. Still learning...

Also learning how to discuss in a polite way without letting things get to me. Well, I �m working on it and trying to be as polite and sweet as I can. Not my field but hope I can learn it fast.

I �ve also learned that help is more valuable than criticism. If we can help, it �ll give the person the tools to learn. And isn �t that a good reason to be here?

In Brazil they say "old dogs don �t learn new tricks" and I deeply disagree. I �m 52 and still learning. How to be patient, helpful, nice, polite, etc., etc. And I �m sure even the teachers who have difficulties developing the 4 English skills will make it in no time.

Let �s look back to ourselves many years ago and we �ll refrain from poking fun at other person�s mistakes.

Have a nice day!

Edit: @Philip, as a native speaker you should feel flattered to see so many people struggling with your mother tongue in order to learn and spread it all over. At least I would be, if I were in your place. And mistakes are part of learning.

And you�re right: we�re all teachers, but I don�t recognize your "correction technique". Brazil is not up-to-date with all the techniques natives are able to make use of (or so I deduce), because poking fun and humiliating are not among the correction techniques I was taught to use with my students; 

25 Aug 2010     

elderberrywine
Germany

PhilipR, I laughed out loud when I read your post - what a relief after crying when I read the initial one. It has very little to do with English... 

25 Aug 2010     

almaz
United Kingdom

elderberrywine,

Have the pair of you ever heard of Hartman �s Law of Prescriptive Retaliation?  Try not to be all smug and superior: it �s not very becoming and might even backfire...

25 Aug 2010     

Mariethe House
France

dear Ella!
I hope you never thought for a minute that either Philip or I were making fun of you!! I would never take this liberty to offend people!! It was just our sense of humour! Sorry!
Well your post is really funny because it is obvious that you used a translator and what came out is really strange! Don �t worry! if you need help I, although I am not very good,can help you or refer you to people who can!
Best regards and my apologies if you felt offended!Smile

25 Aug 2010     

zailda
Brazil

�It is the ability to take a joke, not make one, that proves you have a sense of humor.�

Max Eastman quotes (American Author, Journalist and Writer, 1883-1969)

26 Aug 2010     

< Previous   1    2