Welcome to
ESL Printables, the website where English Language teachers exchange resources: worksheets, lesson plans,  activities, etc.
Our collection is growing every day with the help of many teachers. If you want to download you have to send your own contributions.

ESL Forum:

Techniques and methods in Language Teaching

Games, activities and teaching ideas

Grammar and Linguistics

Teaching material

Concerning worksheets

Concerning powerpoints

Concerning online exercises

Make suggestions, report errors

Ask for help

Message board

ESL forum > Ask for help > I need your opinion, please help me    

I need your opinion, please help me

arito
Mexico

I need your opinion, please help me

Dear friends,

I have a student who is an artist. He does works of art  and he is trying to create a company dedicated to "Art",but he asked me for the name of that company.
   He  thinks in this name:

"Integral Arts Development"  , 

I don �t like the word "integral" because I think it isn �t in the sense he wants because he is thinking maybe in Spanish. 
 In that company he pretends to work in all areas, like taxes, administration, deliveries, etc. all related to Art, that �s why he thought in the word "integral" because in Spanish it means "as a whole" but I think it is not the same meaning in English. 
  Can you help me?  What is your opinion?

Thank you in advance.    Arito

26 Aug 2010      

Aurore
France

Total Arts Development (TAD)

All round
Arts Development (ARAD)

One-stop
Arts Development (OSAD)

All inclusive
Arts Development (sorry no acronym here but the English love acronyms)

27 Aug 2010     

paugyg
Argentina

I checked the Oxfords Collocations dictionary, and here you have some suggestions for the word "arts":
High Arts Development
Conceptual Arts Development
Pop Arts Development (I like this one, don �t know why)
Cutting-edge Arts Development

You may want to check the dictionary and see if there �s any other adjective that might please your student. I couldn �t find any adjective that somehow meant "integral" in the Spanish sense.

Hope I could help!!

27 Aug 2010     

dennismychina
China

I like the sound of Conceptual

What about incorporating the word diverse, diversity, diversification. (possibly in a slogan)

Diverse Art.  (Sounds a bit provocative)

Art Diversification.

Diversity in Art

Absolute Art (Sounds good)

Enjoy.

27 Aug 2010     

almaz
United Kingdom

Maybe he could take a leaf out of the Looney Tunes sketchbook and call his new company the ACME Group - based on the acronym Arts Company Makes Everything? And the postmodern twist? Unlike Wile E. Coyote �s favourite supplier, this group actually succeeds in everything it does.

Beep Beep!

27 Aug 2010