Welcome to
ESL Printables, the website where English Language teachers exchange resources: worksheets, lesson plans,  activities, etc.
Our collection is growing every day with the help of many teachers. If you want to download you have to send your own contributions.

ESL Forum:

Techniques and methods in Language Teaching

Games, activities and teaching ideas

Grammar and Linguistics

Teaching material

Concerning worksheets

Concerning powerpoints

Concerning online exercises

Make suggestions, report errors

Ask for help

Message board

ESL forum > Techniques and methods in Language Teaching > clear the board ?    

clear the board ?

Lina Ladybird
Germany

That �s it!!!!

Be prepared to be banned from this website very soon!!

Wink

I �m glad you understood my sense of humour, dearest Jayho...

Love - Silke

31 Aug 2010     

Flora1
Brazil

Can I erase the board?

31 Aug 2010     

Samantha.esl
Italy

Can I clean the board?? Geek

31 Aug 2010     

PhilipR
Thailand

Erase the board? It �s not as if the board will be gone after erasing it, isn �t it? You erase what �s on the board. It seems to me that if you erase the board, the board will have vanished into thin air after doing so. Similarly, you don �t erase a notebook, you erase an incorrect answer written in it.

Erase (definition): to remove by rubbing, wiping or scraping. You wouldn �t say �rub the board or scrape the board �, would you?

Anyway, I �d use clean or wipe the board.

31 Aug 2010     

douglas
United States

Philip is technically correct, however "erase the board" is the most common form that my teachers used while growing up in the USA.

"Clean the board", to me, would imply pulling out a bucket of water, a sponge and a squeegee and really "cleaning" it" (which is what they did during every break when I taught for the German Air Force).

I think you are pretty safe with "wipe the board"  or "erase this" (with a gesture)

31 Aug 2010     

Chilvis
Argentina

Thank you all for your answers!

Have a great day = )

2 Sep 2010     

< Previous   1    2