Welcome to
ESL Printables, the website where English Language teachers exchange resources: worksheets, lesson plans,  activities, etc.
Our collection is growing every day with the help of many teachers. If you want to download you have to send your own contributions.

ESL Forum:

Techniques and methods in Language Teaching

Games, activities and teaching ideas

Grammar and Linguistics

Teaching material

Concerning worksheets

Concerning powerpoints

Concerning online exercises

Make suggestions, report errors

Ask for help

Message board

ESL forum > Ask for help > Have you visited America?    

Have you visited America?

franknbea
United Kingdom

Great paintings! A visual treat...
1- before going to America I had a stereotypical view of Americans as brash, materialistic, consumer crazed and somewhat uncaring people as a whole.
2- After arriving in America I found that every single one of my preconceived notions was FALSE. People in the US are no more materialistic than Europeans in fact even less so than some of the �emerging � economies. As for brash no more so than Londoners or Parisians.
Consumer crazed, the same asthe previous point. Uncaring, well I was both unfortunate and fortunate to be living and working In New York City during September of 2001 and I have never witnessed (and hope I never have to again) such an outpouring of emotions from any citizens anywhere in the world as I did then. New Yorkers get a bad rap anyway, They are generous, hospitable, friendly, intelligent worldwise and are often portrayed as the opposite.
3- To work
4-how open and generous people were. And how concerned with the way the world looks at them and their country. If ordinary people from Iraq/Afghanistan and the US could communicate directly every day, there would be NO wars or conflicts.
No one in New York calls themselves American, they are Irish, Italian, Greek, German, Polish, Portuguese or whatever. They are not American until they either go abroad or there is a national crisis.
5- Born in Portugal, grew up in London, living in Poland
6- New York City, lived on Long Island, Franklin Square and way up the upper east side Manhattan(not the posh bit)
7- Male but definately a female sympathiserLOL

5 Sep 2010     

melahel7
Canada

Wow !  I guess you �re the one that �s heating up my statements.  How can you presume I was angry about this ?!  You need to tone your language.

5 Sep 2010     

< Previous   1    2