Welcome to
ESL Printables, the website where English Language teachers exchange resources: worksheets, lesson plans,  activities, etc.
Our collection is growing every day with the help of many teachers. If you want to download you have to send your own contributions.

ESL Forum:

Techniques and methods in Language Teaching

Games, activities and teaching ideas

Grammar and Linguistics

Teaching material

Concerning worksheets

Concerning powerpoints

Concerning online exercises

Make suggestions, report errors

Ask for help

Message board

ESL forum > Make suggestions, report errors > Reduce number of reported printables    

Reduce number of reported printables

blunderbuster
Germany

Reduce number of reported printables

Hi,

I strongly believe that the reason why people upload stolen printables is that they are either too lazy to make their own, they don �t know where to start when making one, they don �t have time, they simply don �t see the need. Without the moderators that are doing an amazing job in the background here this place would be swamped with stolen stuff ( I don �t mean myself, there are some people who really work hard in order to detect stolen printables), but what a waste of time that is!

>>>>>>>> How about allowing every premium user, or every user that has more than 100 points to download 10 old printables a month? That might take pressure off the people who need printables and the people who are trying to keep this site as clean as possible.

Also, could we include the printable �s title in the document name, I mean the date when something was uploaded is already included, but that does not help the user. That would save a lot of time when downloading/saving a printable and it might be an incentive for users to label their printables correctly. Including the other categories that we have to select before uploading something would be asked too much, would it?

I am aware that some people here don �t like it when I make suggestions ;o) And, no, I am not one of the lazy ones, I have shared a lot of stuff here that I have never used myself, I simply made it for the fun of it...

Regards

18 Sep 2010      

joy2bill
Australia

Blunderbuster..I agree with you!

Being a moderator is very time consuming and my hat off to those who do it!

What a great idea having 10 points for old worksheets. I find scrolling through new worksheets quite time-consuming, especially as so many are for children and I teach adults. Therefore I mainly use old ws now.

The idea of the printable �s title in the document is awesome. I personally change the title to the name as soon as I download it and it all takes time.

Great suggestions. Keep it up! Today I �m a fan of yours! LOL Joy

18 Sep 2010     

blunderbuster
Germany

Joy, I think we still need the 30 free downloads a day, that helps rate the new contributions.

P.S.: Most geniuses are misunderstood or misinterpreted ;o))))) Note, most ;o)

18 Sep 2010     

joy2bill
Australia

Actually I �m very greedy. I want the 30 new ones plus the 10 old ones.
Is this wrong?
From one genius to another Ha! Ha!

18 Sep 2010     

Redbull
Thailand

Blunderbuster...I �ve got two words for you.

GOOD IDEAS.

REDBULL GIVES YOU WINGS YOU KNOW Wink.

18 Sep 2010     

Sonn
Russian Federation

I �m for Regina �s idea that  every user that has more than 100 points to download 10 old printables a month. And I also like the idea of including the title because not all the printables have a preview and it tales time to change the name of the printable.

BTW, what about the system in which if we dowload the ws once, we won �t lose our points if we dowload it for the second time etc.? There are such sites in the net and I think it �s possible to make it here. I tell about it because there were situations on the site when due to the crash of their computer some members lost all (or most of) the printables they dowloaded here.

Hugs,
Natalia

18 Sep 2010     

blunderbuster
Germany

Natalia, thanks for bringing that up again. That would help people that teach in different places....that would limit the infection rates of our usb sticks ;o)))) Needless to say that it is only fair that a user that gets an updated printable shouldn�t have to pay for it again. I said that a few weeks ago but it went unnoticed.....

18 Sep 2010     

baiba
Latvia

A good idea about 30+10 points if only it did not give Victor additional work, i.e. changing the whole system.
I would gladly give 2/3 of my free points away, I use very few of them, but how??

Regarding the titles, I think it is a very wise idea but again, it is up to Victor to decide if it can be implemented.

18 Sep 2010     

blunderbuster
Germany

Baiba, Victor is our hero, he really is. Aren �t we his heroes as well? No leader without followers and vice versa.

Just think about the server space that will be saved because there won �t be countless printables that don �t offer anything new.

18 Sep 2010     

mena22
Portugal

Hi regina! I like your suggestions a lot, but I have no idea what kind of work it will involve. Let �s wait for victor �s opinion for he is the one who knows if it �s worth the trouble or not.

Have a nice weekend! Hope the weather is as wonderful as in the Azores. I �m going to the beach! Tongue LOL

Hugs,
mena

18 Sep 2010     

baiba
Latvia

Oh Mena, going to the beach - it sounds like you were on another planet!
Disapprove It is cold and wet and rainy in Latvia, and only +10 C.

Sorry, my thoughts got strayed...

18 Sep 2010