Welcome to
ESL Printables, the website where English Language teachers exchange resources: worksheets, lesson plans,  activities, etc.
Our collection is growing every day with the help of many teachers. If you want to download you have to send your own contributions.

ESL Forum:

Techniques and methods in Language Teaching

Games, activities and teaching ideas

Grammar and Linguistics

Teaching material

Concerning worksheets

Concerning powerpoints

Concerning online exercises

Make suggestions, report errors

Ask for help

Message board

ESL forum > Grammar and Linguistics > English Grammar    

English Grammar

GIOVANNI
Canada

Lina I agree with you.   A lot of arguments will definitely start, but is this site not made for teachers?  I would not want to condem anyone for making a few mistakes, but when a worksheet has more that ten to twenty errors, it becomes a joke.  I have seen worksheet with that many errors.  I would not want anyone  to start  arguing, because we do not need that sort of atmosphere on the site, but perhaps if someone sees a worksheet that is truly outrageous in the number of mistakes perhaps a note can be sent to  Victor without causing any problems.
The reason I am saying this is that a person should not be credited with points for this type of work  when they hand in something merely for points and not giving a care about sharing..

19 Sep 2010     

manonski (f)
Canada

@ Blunderbuster,

You say "Editability makes lazy, ever thought of it that way?"

I don �t see it that way, I see it as a show of respect for people. We speak the same language but depending on which side of the ocean we are, some words might be different.(i.e. pants/trousers)  By leaving my texts editable, I �m letting the people who download my printables free of adaptating to the level of their students as well. I see it as giving opportunities, ever thought of it that way?

There have been some wonderful printables that I have been able to use because I was able to edit the text.

Happy Sunday! Smile

19 Sep 2010     

perma
Greece

As teachers we try to encourage our students but also point out their mistakes to them, without making them feel uncomfortable. Otherwise they wouldn �t learn, would they?

Why don �t we treat fellow teachers in this way, too? 

Say you �ve just downloaded a WS with mistakes in it. You could leave a tactful comment that praises the uploader �s creativity but also points out that there are some mistakes. For example,
 "Very nice layout, you �ve done a wonderful job. I �ve noticed a couple/a number of mistakes though! You must have been in a hurry when you were putting this together Wink "

That way you warn other teachers to check it before using and perhaps the uploader will correct it and be more careful next time.  

19 Sep 2010     

< Previous   1    2