Welcome to
ESL Printables, the website where English Language teachers exchange resources: worksheets, lesson plans,  activities, etc.
Our collection is growing every day with the help of many teachers. If you want to download you have to send your own contributions.

ESL Forum:

Techniques and methods in Language Teaching

Games, activities and teaching ideas

Grammar and Linguistics

Teaching material

Concerning worksheets

Concerning powerpoints

Concerning online exercises

Make suggestions, report errors

Ask for help

Message board

ESL forum > Teaching material > ESL resources    

ESL resources

lizsantiago
Puerto Rico

i have to disagree in tracing ws, any  teacher who teaches english in kindergarten needs to teach the sound, the letter and how  to write it. most countries have to teach by standards and they are writing, reading, and listening . so why isn �t tracing an esl resource you can �t master any language if you dont know how to write it. imho. what i do think is that tracing should be related to words in english and not just the letters by themselves. even if it is not particular to the english language it�s part of it  so it has to be taugh and is not that easy i have searched a lot for this type of ws and i couldnt find ones that i like or are related to the topic i am teaching in any given moment so must of the time i have to create them.    

21 Sep 2010     

blunderbuster
Germany

"No ws is ever that good you never need to change it."

That is nothing but arrogant.

---

Fact is that I have written to people who had mistakes in non-editable ws, they made changes and updated the file. If I had been able to edit, there wouldn �t have been a need to tell the person, there wouldn �t have been an update, other people who wouldn �t have noticed the mistake (for whatever reason) benefit from the update....so, what do we learn from that?

21 Sep 2010     

Lina Ladybird
Germany

what i do think is that tracing should be related to words in english and not just the letters by themselves.

I so agree with you, Liz!! When a couple of English words were part of the ws, I�d consider it an ESL resource indeed.

Moreover, this is not about different handwritings. *lol* There are block letters, too, and I guess they are written the same way in Spanish and in English, for example... Let me know if I �m wrong though. :))

21 Sep 2010     

aliciapc
Uruguay

Again, some ws are great , others not so much. But Victor has done a great job of this website, I would find my teaching much more difficult without the resources here, so , nice people in general, don �t worry so much about making more changes ! As an old member once said, "contribute and take what works for you" -  that should be good enough !! ;-)
Oh and , there ARE very GOOD ws which do not need any changes at all ... sorry to disagree, philipr

21 Sep 2010     

manonski (f)
Canada

Someone �s trash is someone �s treasure.  It �s very hard to judge what is useful or not useful.

I teach grade 1 ESL and yes, my students right now are tracing the letters of the important words in a song or a story. When they are done learning the alphabet and are good at printing, then I �ll ask them to copy from the posters.

I �m thankful for the creativity and variety I get from this site and I pick what I want.

21 Sep 2010     

GIOVANNI
Canada

This is what is so good about this site, you have the opportunity of choosing what meets your needs.  I don �t think any one teacher is able to know what another teacher �s needs may be.  What may be useful to some may not be useful to others. As Manon said � �someone �s trash is someone �s treasure � � and I can �t express how important that is, as we are all from different countries and have different methods of teaching. 
I know many a teacher who uses tracing, so I don �t understand how that is not considered an ESL resource. 

21 Sep 2010     

lizamuni
Argentina

I�ve been using on line exercises for about a year and I started uploading and downloading ws about three months ago. I agree with Giovanni, any ESL resources user is free to choose what to do with wss published (or anything else).
As many teachers I agree with some rules and disagree with others, but this site is a great place so, don�t worry and keep on working!!!

21 Sep 2010     

Sonn
Russian Federation

The fact is that when learning French or German letters children are taught (at least in Russia) to write them in a handwriting style. That is why English print script handouts are simply useless for learning these languages.

But they are very useful for ESL teachers.

22 Sep 2010     

< Previous   1    2