Welcome to
ESL Printables, the website where English Language teachers exchange resources: worksheets, lesson plans,  activities, etc.
Our collection is growing every day with the help of many teachers. If you want to download you have to send your own contributions.

ESL Forum:

Techniques and methods in Language Teaching

Games, activities and teaching ideas

Grammar and Linguistics

Teaching material

Concerning worksheets

Concerning powerpoints

Concerning online exercises

Make suggestions, report errors

Ask for help

Message board

ESL forum > Message board > school exchanges    

school exchanges

marythankyou
Italy

school exchanges

Dear friends from eslprintables,
I have just thought that this site could become a means of building up connections among schools besides sharing teaching material. As I teach English in an art college in Italy, I was wondering if there is any other teacher of English from  a country other than Italy who works in an art college and who would be interested in organising a school exchange. Our pupils, as in all Italian secondary schools, are from 15 to 19 years of age. I wouldn �t consider the first year, as their level is still too low, nor the last one, when they have state exam. So, teenagers of about 16-17 would probably be the right age for a school exchange, which might involve hosting each other in  families (teachers might do the same or stay in a hotel) and visit each other �s schools for about a week each time; it might be built on a project to develop together, and of course, English should be the language for communication. Should anybody find this proposal interesting, I would be so happy to receive mail from him/her. Well, let me know!
Have a nice school year! Marythankyou

23 Sep 2010      

christofor
Romania

Hello marythanyou .

I am interested in developing such a project. I think we can start thinking of developing a Comenius project Tell me if it is OK. My students are not in an art school but they are very fond of drawing and painting and my husband who is an Art teacher can be part of the project. I don �t know, maybe it is too complicated....
Keep in touch, Christofor

23 Sep 2010     

marythankyou
Italy

Dear Christofor,
what a nice feeling to get a reply so soon. It would be great to start a project; however, I doubt the Committee board of my shool would accept a project with a school other than an art college (sorry!). I will talk about you in our next meeting and then let you know what the response has been. My colleagues of painting, sculpture and architecture are very fussy about developing project in the foreign language which are related to their subjects and about the fact of visiting other art colleges in Europe. This is why i am not very optimistic. But I �ll try and let you know. bye for know and thank you for your contact. Marythankyou

25 Sep 2010