Welcome to
ESL Printables, the website where English Language teachers exchange resources: worksheets, lesson plans,  activities, etc.
Our collection is growing every day with the help of many teachers. If you want to download you have to send your own contributions.

ESL Forum:

Techniques and methods in Language Teaching

Games, activities and teaching ideas

Grammar and Linguistics

Teaching material

Concerning worksheets

Concerning powerpoints

Concerning online exercises

Make suggestions, report errors

Ask for help

Message board

ESL forum > Message board > Especially, Turkish members !    

Especially, Turkish members !

epit
Turkey

Especially, Turkish members !

Hi friends I �m teaching the fourth grade  and the 7th graders this year.The fourth grades are starting to learn English this year .They are very excited and willing.But we have dome missing topics in our syllabus .For example ,we don �t teach nationalities,occupations and the simple present tense.These are main topics for those who begin  to learn English .If you start without studying these subjects pupils cannot express themselves effectively  or write about themselves .Worse still, it is too difficult to make use of the lovely eslprintables worksheets .What do you do in this case or what would you do ?Thank you for every kind of reply .If you write pm we can share many more ideas .Hugs .

23 Sep 2010      

dear teacher
Turkey

Hi Epit,

Yes you are definitely right because there is something wrong with the syllabus. Anyway, I have been teaching young learners and SBS students for years. Students have a hard syllabus when they reach 6th level you know and at that time they have difficulty in understanding all the points since they do not have a basic grammar or vocabulary education earlier, which is a big problem for the teachers. In my opinion, at the end of the year, or whenever you have extra time you can teach them some basic points you mentioned above and this makes their jobs easier. I am of the opinion that beginners should know nationalities, occupations, greetings etc. So, the more they learn, the more they will enjoy the language.

Have a nice weekend:)

23 Sep 2010