Welcome to
ESL Printables, the website where English Language teachers exchange resources: worksheets, lesson plans,  activities, etc.
Our collection is growing every day with the help of many teachers. If you want to download you have to send your own contributions.

ESL Forum:

Techniques and methods in Language Teaching

Games, activities and teaching ideas

Grammar and Linguistics

Teaching material

Concerning worksheets

Concerning powerpoints

Concerning online exercises

Make suggestions, report errors

Ask for help

Message board

ESL forum > Message board > Editing images for Word and Powerpoint documents    

Editing images for Word and Powerpoint documents

alien boy
Japan

Editing images for Word and Powerpoint documents

Hi everyone!

Just some advice for people using images with MS Word & Powerpoint - the editor doesn�t really change the size of the images, it only changes the viewing size (i.e. it doesn�t make the actual image smaller). This means if you have tried to make your worksheet or PowerPoint smaller by only using them - it�s not going to work to make the file smaller!

I thought I would paste a few links which may be useful to people who use Microsoft Office. These links are to simple tutorials on how to use basic image editors that come with the MS Office suites. They cover things like resizing images, conversion to grayscale & a whole lot more!

Microsoft Photo Editor came with Office 1997 - Office 2000:

Microsoft Office Picture Manager has replaced the Photo Editor since Office 2003:

These editors allow you to resize and change your images to get the end result that you desire.

One last word of advice though - I would keep your original image on your computer and edit a copy of that picture. That way, if you need a higher resolution or larger image at a later date then you won�t have any problems!

Good luck everyone! Big smile

Feel free to send me a personal message if you have any general questions - but be warned... I am unlikely to reply immediately (I work, study & have a family!)  and if I get a lot of messages it may take me a while to reply!

Cheers,
B-)

1 Dec 2008