Welcome to
ESL Printables, the website where English Language teachers exchange resources: worksheets, lesson plans,  activities, etc.
Our collection is growing every day with the help of many teachers. If you want to download you have to send your own contributions.

ESL Forum:

Techniques and methods in Language Teaching

Games, activities and teaching ideas

Grammar and Linguistics

Teaching material

Concerning worksheets

Concerning powerpoints

Concerning online exercises

Make suggestions, report errors

Ask for help

Message board

ESL forum > Make suggestions, report errors > Worksheet turn-offs    

Worksheet turn-offs

mariamit
Greece

Hi Chris
Welcome to ESLP. Here you will meet some great teachers some of which you �ll often agree with and some- well, NOT!  Thank you for your suggestions. I won �t go into whether I agree or not but you make some really good points. Not every worksheet uploaded here shows quality work but then we don �t all have the same needs. Be careful though. Some worksheets that look colourful don �t print that way for the reason Philip states, it is Format -> Backgound. As to mistakes, when finding a worksheet like that it might be better to PM the author. Most of the teachers here are not native speakers so they are likely to make some mistakes. It �s always kinder to send a PM that to comment on the worksheet.

So once again, welcome and thank you for your suggestions. They do have merit!

2 Oct 2010     

chrissmolder
Australia

LOL!  I never said I liked the coloured worksheets either!  Black and white is best, I think.  The students won �t see the colour anyway, so why compromise legibility?

I fully appreciate that some speakers aren �t native speakers, and actually, I have quite a relaxed viewpoint when it comes to �error �...what I was suggesting was that if people want attract  downloads, they should be careful when typing the title.

Mariamit--thanks for you warm welcome.  I was feeling sorry at first that I said anything!

Thanks everyone for your comments.  Incidentally, I welcome any feedback you may have on my work, too ;-)

2 Oct 2010     

jhansi
India

We try to give a quality work sheet (either colour or gray) and wish  to get more points because with these collected  points we can download many useful WS from different teacher �s sites( old WS).I don �t know how many members are here but I find every day new  teacher �s sight and I am using my extra points  to download. There is nothing wrong to aim for the points. There is a reason behind it.As the WS are editable we can correct the spellings or delete the colour before we print. I thank all of you for your beautiful WS .

2 Oct 2010     

Jackie1952
Spain

There are some really interesting points made here.Thumbs Up
One I would like to mention, as a teacher of very young learners (age 3+), is that I really would love it if, when uploading worksheets, contributors would take care with describing the age for which the worksheet is intended.

An example:-  age 3-10.

I have seen so many where yes, the worksheet would be suitable for a 10 year old, but NEVER a 3 year old.
A whole lot of learning goes on between 3 and 10, and if I just search for age "3", I really don�t want to spend time looking at dozens that are totally unsuitable, simply because the age description is incorrect.

Gripe over.................this is the very best resource and friends site on the Internet.Clap

Greetings from sunny Spain.

7 Oct 2010     

< Previous   1    2