Welcome to
ESL Printables, the website where English Language teachers exchange resources: worksheets, lesson plans,  activities, etc.
Our collection is growing every day with the help of many teachers. If you want to download you have to send your own contributions.

ESL Forum:

Techniques and methods in Language Teaching

Games, activities and teaching ideas

Grammar and Linguistics

Teaching material

Concerning worksheets

Concerning powerpoints

Concerning online exercises

Make suggestions, report errors

Ask for help

Message board

ESL forum > Message board > ESLprintables lesson    

ESLprintables lesson

mariannina
Italy

ESLprintables lesson

Hello dear friends, one week ago I asked you how you call this
and, after your answered, I prepared a poster because I had promised it to my second graders.
Here is the poster:

We voted to pick only one word to use and after that we revised the names of colours and the structures "Where are you from" , "I �m from..." reading your names and Countries.
The children loved this lesson and I have to thank all of you for the opportunity you always give me to teach in involving and interesting ways, even if the number of years in my age are  much more than  Zailda �s and many others in this site. I do believe that we  learn from people who are around us even when we don �t agree with what they say and do.
Thank you from my heart Heart

8 Oct 2010      

zailda
Brazil

Great lesson, thanks for sharing with us. I �ll do something similar next week and maybe will use some of your ideas.

BTW, we do learn from people even if we disagree. They teach us that sometimes it �s better to keep our mouth shut. Still trying to manage it...

8 Oct 2010     

mariannina
Italy

Hug

8 Oct 2010     

skittles
United States

Looks like a great lesson for the students =)

8 Oct 2010     

Lina Ladybird
Germany

Mariannina, you are simply wonderful... Clap

Have a great weekend, dear! :))

8 Oct 2010     

Alyona C.
Ukraine

Mariannina,
your idea is great.
Thanks.

8 Oct 2010     

tastybrain
Taiwan

I like pencil parings because it alliterates and hence sounds more poetic, but "shavings" seems the best to me since paring (to my mind) calls up images of fruit or potato skins.

Interesting question.

8 Oct 2010     

serene
Greece

Well done, mariannina!!  

8 Oct 2010     

Zora
Canada

Mariannina!! Old is only a state of mind! The oldest person may be the youngest at heart and the youngest may be the oldest at heart. You �ve obviously done a great job and I �m sure, your students love you and admire you for your dedication towards them.

Big hugs,
Linda

8 Oct 2010     

mariannina
Italy

I posted this lesson of mine to show you all my gratitude for what I �m learning from you and what I can do for my students thanks to all the material I find in this site. Thanks.
Ciao

8 Oct 2010