Welcome to
ESL Printables, the website where English Language teachers exchange resources: worksheets, lesson plans,  activities, etc.
Our collection is growing every day with the help of many teachers. If you want to download you have to send your own contributions.

ESL Forum:

Techniques and methods in Language Teaching

Games, activities and teaching ideas

Grammar and Linguistics

Teaching material

Concerning worksheets

Concerning powerpoints

Concerning online exercises

Make suggestions, report errors

Ask for help

Message board

ESL forum > Games, activities and teaching ideas > Word of the Day Winner    

Word of the Day Winner

Apodo
Australia

Word of the Day Winner

Pulchritudinous : Having physical beauty. [literary or humorous]
(not one to use with your beloved LOL)

Word of the Day Winner       PULCHRITUDINOUS

So many wonderful answers to choose from!

Best anagram: Ludicrous hip turn

Pul-chrit-tud-in-ous = pool grit chewed in us.  (Some real �groaners � in this explanation - very punny indeed)

A very clean dinosaur!

we are all beautiful  - very close to the actual meaning

after much deliberation ..........the winner is:     Mariethe House    Clap    Congratulations!

Here is the explanation:

Pulch: from Pulchinella, the Italian form of the French Polichinelle:

ritu: from ritual :   ritual noun

Click to hear the UK pronunciation of this wordClick to hear the US pronunciation of this word/ˈrɪt.ju.əl//ˈrɪtʃ.u-/ n [C or U]
a set of fixed actions and sometimes words performed regularly, especially as part of a ceremony

Dinous : short form of "libidinous"    libidinous adjectiveClick to hear the UK pronunciation of this wordClick to hear the US pronunciation of this word/lɪˈbɪd.ɪ.nəs/ adj formal

having or showing strong sexual desires

So my definition: pulchritudinous behaving like a sexually driven puppet in strange rituals  that take place every year on October 31st! So waaaaaaaaaaaatch it!

12 Oct 2010      

Mariethe House
France

Oh dear !! Thank you so much Apodo! What a heavy responsability you are giving me!! Well I �ll try my best !Thank You

12 Oct 2010